Anmarisa Pelagios

Spotty

Thread
LEAVE THIS BLUE NEIGHBORHOOD - Cole & Jeremiah

Statistics

Aver Caldo Tyrgere Ombra Rogues
3 ♂ · ♀ 3 5 ♂ · ♀ 4 2 ♂ · ♀ 4 1 ♂ · ♀ 2 11 ♂ · ♀ 9
Site News
14 April 2018: Hey everyone! The activity check is over, and everything [face claim, member directory, kingdom counts, and kingdom rosters] have all been updated! Thanks so much for your participation! If one of your threads has been archived by mistake or if those who missed the activity check want to reactivate your characters, please PM the Cineri account!

7 April 2018: Hey everyone! There is one more week left to fill out the activity check (ends April 14th). Please make sure you post in it, as inactive characters will be inactivated, their threads will be archived, and their face claims will go back up for grabs! In more fun news, Cineri is also officially premium now! Adult content is now formally allowed, and say goodbye to ads! Special thanks to everyone who pitched in for the annual fee!

Plot Highlights
Cineri is back in business! Welcome back everyone, old and new!
Rules
To post in the Open Threads:
  • Use your character's full name as the username.
  • In the message box, post the link to your thread using [url=LINK]POST NAME HERE[/url].
  • You may repost an open thread once every two weeks if it has not been replied to in that span of time.

• You may use this box to post a link to a plotting thread for your character.
  • The Open Threads cbox is not to be used for OOC chatting or advertisements.
Open Threads

Click here to link an open thread.
Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Awkwardly Lustful
Callum Montego
 Posted: Jan 15 2018, 02:48 AM

Fire & Lightning
application
tracker
Group Icon
Pirate
Wings of Fire

OOC: Whisper

and the people rejoiced and sang the praises of
CALLUM
pirate king

It was a hot day in Miador, bright and sunny and the birds could be heard singing loudly in the trees high above. The sun itself seemed to shine directly onto the refuge of the rogues making most people thankful of the gentle breeze that came in from the great lake. Callum had come to town recently to see a blacksmith that he knew. Over his travels the young pirate had happened upon a rare sword who's hilt had been encrusted with rare stones and was the sword of a great pirate who'd died and become legend. It was said that whoever had the sword would have never ending luck in all things for as long as they possessed the sword. The problem was the sword had been broken into three pieces.

He searched around for a blacksmith who was talented and who would deal with people like himself. Callum found that blacksmith in Miador and took the sword to him to repair. He learned, to his dismay, that the blade couldn't be put back together and he would need to have a knew blade forged entirely. This job would cost more coin than he had anticipated, but he was sure that he could get it. There were many times that the struggling pirate had been in need of coin and found it, but this wasn't one of those times. Short on coin, he returned to the blacksmith and like any smart beggar, he wanted to haggle.

The blacksmith agreed to take a smaller amount on the condition that Callum agreed to teach his son how to properly wield a sword. He had no better option but to agree and so he did. He stayed in town for the next few days teaching the boy of fourteen the basics of sword fighting and showed him a trick or two just to wow his father and get him the sword he was after. Callum finished the training and as promised he received his sword, new blade and all. He walked along the road admiring his new sword, the golden hilt glinted in the light and the gems shined, flickering if he turned it left or right.

Two boys rushed passed him suddenly, one bumping into his shoulder hard. Callum turned to look at the boy and when he did the other tried to snatch the sword from his hand. The young pirate's grip was like a vice and the boy found himself struggling to free the sword and looking up and an unhappy Callum. He drew his fingers into a fist and punched the boy right in the face knocking him out cold. "Aye, this here a friend of yours?" he called to the other. "You better come and get him before someone else finds a good use for him." A smile lined his mouth as he watched the boy slowly come forward to collect his friend.

"Boo!" He shouted just to scare the boy who back peddled so hard that he fell on the ground. Callum laughed and waved the tip of his sword at him before turning away and leaving them. It was getting late now and what good pirate didn't hit up a tavern before he fell asleep drunk and hopefully in the bosom of some beautiful woman. Callum made his way to the tavern and headed inside tapping the sword at his hip. Luck Luck Luck.

For Khali
PM
^
Khalida
 Posted: Jan 15 2018, 06:02 PM

Lightning
application
tracker
Group Icon
Horse Trainer/Huntress
Immortality

OOC: Jenn

After a nearly fruitless day of hunting, with but two rabbits to show for it Khali was ready to call it a day. Yet when she'd returned to her cabin and washed up, ready to settle down for the evening she had suddenly become restless and felt cooped up in her cozy abode. She was tired! Why couldn't she just sleep? Frustrated she got up and got dressed, heading out to the small four stall barn behind her place to check on the horses. Moonglow nickered at her and nuzzled her hand, clearly hoping for a treat to go with the attention. "Greedy girl!" Khali laughed, but gave in and gave the mare a small handful of grain. "Just don't get used to it. It's for your son." Of course, she had no way of knowing if the Dune mare would have a filly or a colt, but so far all of her foals had been boys, so the odds were high.

With a sigh she gave the mare a final pat. This wasn't settling her either.

It was a bit late to simply go for a random walk so she decided that a drink might just do the trick and locked up the barn and cabin before heading off in the direction of Bear's tavern. Although she was hardly a drinker she went there often enough to be a familiar face, especially after more than twenty years in Miador. Even so she gave polite, yet reserved smiles to those that greeted her. While she was never rude to anyone outright unless they had earned such from the huntress, she also never encouraged any friendships to develop. She was content living on the outskirts of the community. The petite huntress made her way to the bar, ignoring the tables so that she might settle on a stool that was away from most of the bustle of the tavern, honey gold eyes drifting to meet the old barkeep's. "An ale please."

"SPEECH"
PM
^
Callum Montego
 Posted: Jan 17 2018, 12:49 PM

Fire & Lightning
application
tracker
Group Icon
Pirate
Wings of Fire

CALLUM
pirate king

Luck luck luck. Just as he tapped his sword for the third time a woman entered the tavern. She was a pretty little thing with golden eyes and very dark hair. She walked passed him and went to the bar. Callum watched her sultry form as she moved and the people who greeted her as she walked by. The woman must have been popular there, at least well known, so he didn't expect her to go off into the corner and sit alone like a cagey wanderer. "Doesn't look like she has scurvy. Maybe she's waiting for someone." Fingers wrapped around the handle of the sword and he headed to the bar and took a seat close to the woman leaving a single seat between them. "Ale." he said to the barkeeper.

Callum noticed the barkeeper and others who had eyed his sword and he thought better about pulling it out and showing it off. A warrior never handed his sword over to another if he could help it, and the idea of this group fondling his new blade wasn't something he wanted. Instead he looked again to the woman who had come in and sat alone. The bartender brought his drink out along with hers and Callum took a peek at it. "I would have figured you for a honey brewed mead kinda gal. Matches your eyes an all." He took up his mug and drank a swallow before he continued. "Join me in a drink? No sense in people like us drinking alone."

PM
^
Khalida
 Posted: Jan 17 2018, 04:19 PM

Lightning
application
tracker
Group Icon
Horse Trainer/Huntress
Immortality

She had taken her perch away from everyone else for a reason and was somewhat surprised when another joined her almost immediately. The men of Miador had long ago learned to leave the fiercely independent immortal alone. Visitors, like this one, didn't know of her preference for solitude. At least he hadn't taken the seat right next to her as he ordered his own ale. For a brief moment she hoped that it had just been randomness that brought him so close, but then he spoke and she sighed inwardly. She didn't have anything against the man... just against undo attention.

Honey-gold eyes shifted to take him in fully. Were she the sort to bother noticing such things she would have found him attractive, if possessing an entirely too-confident air about him. She supposed that his words might have impressed someone else, seemingly complimenting her, but they did nothing for her. It wasn't his fault. She had just sworn off of any kind of relationships... to include friendships and casual encounters. A rare few had wormed under her defensive armor, but only one had made it to her heart and Jenna was long gone to Tyrgere with a family of her own now.

"It is best not to assume things about those that you do not know," she advised coolly even as he continued. His last words had an ebony brow arching. "People like us? You know nothing about me." She took her ale from the barkeep, turning away from the stranger in mild annoyance. He knew exactly nothing about her and yet lumped her in with him for some reason. She had no idea what he meant and despite her questioning tone, didn't really care to know the 'why' of it.

"SPEECH"
PM
^
Callum Montego
 Posted: Jan 18 2018, 01:02 PM

Fire & Lightning
application
tracker
Group Icon
Pirate
Wings of Fire

CALLUM
pirate king

Callum had no problem admitting that she was drop dead gorgeous. Even with that scowl panted across her delicate features she was still the prettiest woman in the room. When men wrote poems and sang songs about love making she was the type of woman they had in mind. At least in looks. "On the contrary that's exactly what you do. Because...you have nothing to go by. If a man walked into this tavern and headed straight for you. You're saying you won't make an assumption?" He did so enjoy the idle chat, and since he spent far too much time on the sea with nothing but men, the chance to converse with a beautiful woman was just what he needed even if she did seem standoffish.

A smirk stretched across his lips at her comment and there he pointed a finger at her, even as she turned away. "See? You just made an assumption about me. By saying I know nothing about you when you know nothing about me." Callum took a drink of his ale and he looked her way taking a moment in thought before he spoke again. "When I said people like us. What I meant was beautiful people. People with rich dark skin and a head full of long silky hair." He paused. "Unless I'm wrong? Maybe my eyes are going bad but does that not fit you perfectly?"

He looked to the bartender who shook his head and turned away. Maybe he wasn't amused or didn't think the stranger should be so friendly with the woman. Callum continued anyway and as he leaned closer he lowered his voice so it was only the two of them in the conversation. "Truth is, what I said was something and nothing at the same time. Really it's just an ice breaker. I say people like us. You say I don't know you. Then I ask something about you and it gos from there." He rose from his seat and stepped around her to sit in the seat right next to her. "Why don't we get passed all that and jump ahead with our amusing game til the part where you're not as cold as a clam. Savvy?"

PM
^
Khalida
 Posted: Jan 20 2018, 04:41 PM

Lightning
application
tracker
Group Icon
Horse Trainer/Huntress
Immortality

Sometimes she really hated meeting new people. Men in particular. They were often too dense to get the message that she wasn't interested in anything beyond basic greetings. She had her reasons, but they were hers to know and others needed to learn to respect her wishes. The locals of Miador knew her. She would hunt for them and train horses for them, but beyond that she wanted to be left alone and they gave her her space. This man screamed of self-assurance and interest. "The only assumption that I am making of a man that is headed straight for me, without business on his mind, is that he will soon realize his mistake," she said firmly as she turned away.

Her inner hackles raised at his next words and she turned back to him, honey gold eyes brightening as her Lightning came closer to the surface. "No. I made no assumptions about you at all. I stated a fact. There is a difference." He couldn't know anything about her. Unless he was some creepy ass stalker and did know things about her... which would get him a knife lodged in him somewhere. He tried to explain what he had meant by 'people like us' but she found it rather lame and more than a little shallow. Realistically she knew that she was attractive... as was he if she would admit as much. But that made them no more deserving of company than anyone else. She simply chose not to 'enjoy' the company of others. Which was why she'd sat on the stool farthest from anyone else.

When he spoke of skipping ahead to her not being cold as a clam, she ground her teeth hard enough to be painful and the buzz of electricity had her hands tingling before she got her ire under control. Mostly. Not looking at him she downed most of what was left in her mug, a feat for a woman of such petite stature. Then she looked at him as she got off of the bar stool and gave him an insincere smile. "I have a better idea. Why don't we skip to the part where I tell you that you are an asshole and walk away?" Her tone was as falsely sweet as her smile was. "Oh! You can have this though..." She dumped the last of her drink on his lap, thumped the mug on the bar and was already walking away.

"SPEECH"
PM
^
Callum Montego
 Posted: Jan 21 2018, 08:24 PM

Fire & Lightning
application
tracker
Group Icon
Pirate
Wings of Fire

CALLUM
pirate king

"Ah. But how do you know what's on his mind if you don't ask him. Sounds like more assumptions to me." He looked away and cooly dusted off his vest. Clearly this woman was bored and just wanted conversation with a man who could keep her interested in whatever they were talking about. Callum could be that man, of that he was sure. And why not? He was a worldly man after all. She had turned away from him twice now and he was humored by the idea that if she kept twisting around she was going to twist herself right off her seat.

"No that was an assumption not a fact. Unless you know me, you can't know what I know and what I don't know. But now you're just being pigheaded about this and that's not attractive." He wasn't angry at all and he did think the woman very pretty, but a pretty face wasn't enough to make him let her slide on her smart mouth. Callum was sure that he'd met women like her in the past and they were all unimpressive. If he had to guest, their snobbish attitude was probably a defense layer because once you got passed it, they were just dull and boring.

She jumped up from her seat and he sat back in his observing her. It seemed that not only was she pretty but she had a nice figure under her outfit as well. Callum decided to let her smart mouth go this time because she had potential. He shrugged at her comment, and she wasn't the first person to call him an ass and other things. He jumped in his seat when she poured her drink in his lap and stormed off. Callum look to the bartender and shrugged again. "Good thing it wasn't hot." He glanced down at his sword and used a cloth to clean it off. there was no doubt in his mind that the sword was special and good luck was on it's way.

Callum got up and went after her and with quick steps slipped around a wooden beam and around to catch her before she got out the door. "Ok so I see I offended you somehow. That wasn't my intention I promise. But really to pour out good drink just because you're mad?" Cal shook his head. "Why don't you come back in? I'll buy you a drink to say I'm sorry and I'll leave you to sit by your lonesome aye?"

PM
^
Khalida
 Posted: Jan 22 2018, 02:22 PM

Lightning
application
tracker
Group Icon
Horse Trainer/Huntress
Immortality

The man was absolutely clueless. There were no other way to explain his twisted way of looking at things and she decided that it wasn't worth the effort to correct him yet again. A man looking for her for business sure as hell wouldn't have greeted her as he had, without even offering a name, no less the reason for his presence. Rather than some gods-awful pick up line, even if he dubbed it an 'ice-breaker'. The stranger only reinforced her thoughts that she was better off alone and not drowning in the midst of stupidity run rampant.

For a moment she thought that he would just leave her be, but it seemed that she was not to be so lucky as his own longer strides managed to go around a slightly different path to block her way. Irritated, she glared up at him. "Let me pass!" she demanded in a low growl, drawing more than one look from the other patrons. When he spoke, she just bristled more. "The fact that you don't even know what you said to upset me is very telling," she said coldly. He called her a liar, he said she was cold as a clam merely because she preferred her own company to his and he clearly thought himself the gods' gift to the world. Of all of the men in the room, she felt that she could safely make the assumption, that she'd take any of them over him for company right now.

"You get the honor of being the first that I have done that too, in all my years, because you are a pompous ass that is clueless about how to treat a lady. That is my opinion, not an assumption, before you go down that road again." She made to step around him, but there was precious little room to do so. She sighed as he made an stab at apologizing, offering not only to buy her a drink, but to leave her in peace. Golden eyes narrowed, sizing up how sincere he was. She really didn't want to go home yet, because quite frankly he'd gotten her more agitated and restless than she had started out. Then she gave a curt nod. "Fine. I will accept the drink and your apology, so long as you promise to leave me be." The apology wasn't even a direct one, but it mollified her just enough to take him up on the drink.

"SPEECH"
PM
^
Callum Montego
 Posted: Jan 23 2018, 12:08 PM

Fire & Lightning
application
tracker
Group Icon
Pirate
Wings of Fire

CALLUM
pirate king

Callum held up his hands in surrender when she growled at him to let her pass. If she really wanted to leave he wouldn't hold her hostage, but since she had come to the tavern he didn't want to run her away. Everyone needed a drink here and there and that was the reason he came for a drink, and to show off his sword. "The fact that you won't tell me what I said is even more telling because you won't tell me." he didn't think himself so highly to be a gift from a god, but he did expect the stories about the sword to hold some truths and bring him good luck. People were staring at them now and things weren't looking good for the pirate. He was outnumbered and judging by the number of people he was very alone and no one was on his side.

"To tell you the true my lady I don't feel honored at all. And I think pompous ass is a little rude. Now who doesn't know how to tree--a person?" She was very upset and Callum had no clue why. The woman he knew from here and there were made of sturdier threads and they didn't get up in arms over simple comments unless they were threats. Still, he'd never meant to upset her and being the good guy that he knew he was he apologized. "Oh, you accept. Good." As mad as she was, he'd expected a kick in the pants or something else nasty from the beauty. Callum let her go first since the bar was to her back and followed her. As promised he took a seat two seats down from hers to give her space.

"Barkeep another for me and whatever the lady wants. It's on me." He took out his coin pouch and he made sure to jiggle it a little to cause the coins inside to clink against the other. Maybe if his sparkling personality wasn't enough she'd be more interested in his pouch? The bartender brought out the drinks and Callum sat still until he had emptied his cup and he looked to the woman again. Up he went and walked back towards her and took the seat right next to hers. "I know we agreed but darling you've got an impression of me that's all wrong. Alright, it's not so wrong, but listen. I have spent a lot of time, months in fact aboard a ship with a bunch of men who can't even talk to each other. They're truly animals with no class what's so ever. I know that's no excuse but what I'm trying to say is that I am so sorry for being a pompous ass."

PM
^
Khalida
 Posted: Feb 16 2018, 01:51 PM

Lightning
application
tracker
Group Icon
Horse Trainer/Huntress
Immortality

She had no idea what to make of this man, other than he infuriated her more than any other except... her mind skittered away from the dark, horrid memories of Alexander's father before this jackass paid the price he never had and ended up with a dagger in his belly. Yes, there was one that she hated more than life itself, which was saying something for a woman who looked eternity in the eye.

Khali almost laughed out loud when he claimed to think her calling him a pompous ass was rude. In all honesty she was being kinder with her words than her thoughts, but held her tongue on the matter. she had already learned that this man was denser than a boulder and would just keep talking in circles until her head exploded.

Regardless, she accepted his apology and ordered another drink on his coin. She was very careful not to look his way, lest he take it as invitation. Despite her caution he came and sat with her again. She sighed and pinched the bridge of her nose as her head began to throb. She didn't look his way, but she did listen and his words explained a lot. They didn't excuse his behavior, but did make things somewhat clearer. He was being frank with her, so she figured that she could do the same with him. Not that he was going to like what she had to say, but then... that wasn't her problem.

She turned to him, golden eyes brighter with her agitation and her fingers tingling as her Lightning buzzed just beneath the surface. "Look, I am sure that you are a decent enough guy for someone less... me. I don't do friends or relationships. It's not you, it's me. I like my privacy. I hunt. I train horses. And occasionally I like to get a drink in town. By myself. You would do well to go find yourself a floozy that will appreciate your boldness. I do not. Now... please be a man of your word and leave me in peace." She tried to keep her tone level, but she was near her limit. Why the hell couldn't he just take a hint and leave her alone!?

"SPEECH"
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll

Affiliates [ View All | Link-us | Apply ]
Ruins of Wildwood Doutaini Sverige The World of Tur Age Of The Wolves Zootropolis Chronicles  TeairNova Antarsia By Tooth And Claw Dragons Chrysalis Feralkin Tudors Saga Sordid Secrets Aeipathy RP 

• C
  • H
  • A
  • T
cbox quiet? We are probably on discord:
Click here to chat with us!