Anmarisa Pelagios

Spotty

Thread
LEAVE THIS BLUE NEIGHBORHOOD - Cole & Jeremiah

Statistics

Aver Caldo Tyrgere Ombra Rogues
3 ♂ · ♀ 3 5 ♂ · ♀ 4 2 ♂ · ♀ 4 1 ♂ · ♀ 2 11 ♂ · ♀ 9
Site News
14 April 2018: Hey everyone! The activity check is over, and everything [face claim, member directory, kingdom counts, and kingdom rosters] have all been updated! Thanks so much for your participation! If one of your threads has been archived by mistake or if those who missed the activity check want to reactivate your characters, please PM the Cineri account!

7 April 2018: Hey everyone! There is one more week left to fill out the activity check (ends April 14th). Please make sure you post in it, as inactive characters will be inactivated, their threads will be archived, and their face claims will go back up for grabs! In more fun news, Cineri is also officially premium now! Adult content is now formally allowed, and say goodbye to ads! Special thanks to everyone who pitched in for the annual fee!

Plot Highlights
Cineri is back in business! Welcome back everyone, old and new!
Rules
To post in the Open Threads:
  • Use your character's full name as the username.
  • In the message box, post the link to your thread using [url=LINK]POST NAME HERE[/url].
  • You may repost an open thread once every two weeks if it has not been replied to in that span of time.

• You may use this box to post a link to a plotting thread for your character.
  • The Open Threads cbox is not to be used for OOC chatting or advertisements.
Open Threads

Click here to link an open thread.

Add Reply
New Poll

I see DARKNESS where you see LIGHT, Callum
Anmarisa Pelagios
 Posted: Jan 14 2018, 08:45 PM

Water & Earth
application
tracker
Group Icon
None
Lycanthropy

OOC: Nith

• WE ARE THE CHILDREN, THE NEW GENERATION •

The bitter winds of Aver whipped her hair into a tangled mess at the nape of her neck. Anmarisas honey locks were tangled with twigs and leaves, and a dusting of snow covered the top of her head like some bastard crown. The gulls overhead cried, and for the first time in her life she finally saw the shores of her people. The shores her father had sailed away from, leaving their kingdom vulnerable to attack. It was all downhill from there, little had they all known, and now the shores were littered with ash, snow, broken wooden crates, discarded weapons, and...bones? She squinted to try and see, felt her guts churn, and immediately looked away.

The sand was an interesting change. She liked the way it shifted underneath her feet, and she liked the salt on the wind and the lapping of the ocean waves. Despite the snow, Anmaris approached the ocean and let her hand rest on top of the wet sand and the waves wash over it. The cold was biting, but she didn't pull away until it left her. Among it's beauty, she had forgotten what she had come here for. "Oh, crates, crates, crates," she reminded herself. There were few and far between, but they were valuable. Sometimes there was food, other times weapons, sometimes fine silks but more often military outfits and banners from which she had fastened her clothing. The girl was a patchwork of kingdoms, a child born of strife and war, making her way with whatever she could scavenge. Anmarisa approached the first crate, stooped down with a knife, and started to pry apart the planks of wood. She muttered at her work, until it finally gave and split open on the fine white sand.

"Lets see what we've got here," she kept herself company. The youth knealt in the sand, sorting through the goods quickly, "More potatoes. Apparently we used to live on potatoes," she rolled her eyes and chucked the hardy vegetables over her shoulder and into the sand. "Straw, no. A flask? Of what?" she opened the little top, took a sniff, and made a sour face, "Whatever it was, it can't be any good now." Anmaris took another sniff, then dared to run her finger on the inside rim and lick it off. "Blegh!" she spat in the sand, recapped the bottle, and let it join the potatoes behind her. Her ransacking continued until the box was empty, and per her own custom, she flipped it over in the sand and moved onto another one not far off.

• WE ARE THE ONES THEY LEFT BEHIND •
Image by Nith
PM
^
Callum Montego
 Posted: Jan 15 2018, 02:43 AM

Fire & Lightning
application
tracker
Group Icon
Pirate
Wings of Fire

OOC: Whisper

and the people rejoiced and sang the praises of
CALLUM
pirate king

The inn was full for the evening but less so for the late nights when most workers put away their tools and headed into the tavern for a quick drink before they headed home for the night. The old woman who minded the place stood behind the bar counter where she served drinks and she passed the time by wiping off the wood and sweeping up the abandoned peanut shells that had been caste away to lie in a puddle of spilled wine. She kept her hair in a ponytail, her bangs pulled back but after a long day strains fell free and brushed along her withered and wrinkled cheeks. Sandra was used to these longs days and nights and even when things were at their worst, she'd retied the apron straps around her mighty waistline and kept going.

There were ten or so men in the tavern, all seated with another fellow while they drank, talked, complained, and boasted about their latest exploits. Callum sat in the corner reclined in the chair, his back against the wall and legs stretched across the seat beside him. His dark hair was lose and falling against his face and along his neck to rest like finger tips on his shoulders. He was dressed in dark leathers, a vest and pants, with bracers on his wrists and tall boots on his feet. His skin appeared bronze in the low lighting and it cast dark shadows over his eyes. In front of him sat a lone mug already emptied of it's contents and he idly tapped his finger at the rim as he waited for another to show.

Callum had been in town for a day or so and the night before he had gotten dragged into a drinking game with another man. It was his fault as he didn't have to accept but drinking was more fun with others involved. They drank until last call and by the end Callum was the winner, but neither of them were standing. He only remembered bits and pieces of the night from that moment on. Being helped to the door by a woman and going home with her where he either made drunk love to her or crashed on the floor and dreamed he bedded her. There was one thing that he remembered and that was he had won and there was a man out there that owed him coin. He waited for the man to show knowing from conversations of the other night that he was a regular there, but so far he hadn't shown up.

After a while he got bored and left, thinking he could come back that night. Callum left and headed back towards his ship, it was a small vessel not befitting a grand pirate but it could sink any fisherman's ship on the waters. He started to wonder on his way back if the man he was searching for was hiding from him. It was going to be tough getting his coin if that was the case but coin was too important to let anything get in his way. He reached the docks and the Aver air swept round him and moved through his hair like fingers. The cool breeze freed his nostrils of the stain of mead and cigars that stank up the tavern. Callum walked along the sands until he saw someone raiding the crates.

Some may have wished to turn the culprit in, others might look away, but a true pirate knew a different route. Callum moved as quietly across the sands as he could until he was close behind them. His dagger was drawn from it's sheath and he was just about to knock them over the head when he realized it was a young woman. Instead of attacking, he gently kicked her bum with his boot. poke poke poke "Aye there, whatcha up too?"

For Anmarisa Pelagios
PM
^
Anmarisa Pelagios
 Posted: Jan 17 2018, 08:06 PM

Water & Earth
application
tracker
Group Icon
None
Lycanthropy

She had been so engrossed in her rummaging that she had let her guard down. She didn't hear him approach, and was blissfully unaware of the fragile line her life hung on by his hand. It was the gentle nudge in her behind that made her yelp. Anmarisa scurried, ducking and diving behind the crate, wide eyes and wild hair tossed with abandon across her features. She peered at him in between honey gold locks. The sea swelled up around her, isolating her on a small island as she rolled her shoulders back and stood to face him.

For a moment, she didn't know how to respond to him. She saw the blade in his hand and her heart thrummed wildly in her chest. Yet he hadn't used it, did he have means to kill her? "You can take it all," she shook her head, "I don't have any use for it anyways. Mostly old vegetables and rotten..." she trailed off and pointed to the flask she had tossed back into the sand, "Whatever that is, I don't know. It tasted terrible," She hadn't particularly enjoyed the way the alcohol had bitten her. Anmarisa watched him carefully and let the ocean lapse in, flood her makeshift moat, and drift back out again. It was hardly enough to stop him from hurting her, but she hoped that the thread of letting the ocean swallow him whole would be enough. He was only a little taller than she, but with much broader shoulders, deep tan skin and long, dark locks. With fire in his eyes and the smell of a tavern wafting around him, she concluded that he was indeed a threat. Anyone who was not Averian was a threat. With naivety, and a bit of defiance, she finally said, "You're not from around here."

Image by Nith
PM
^
Callum Montego
 Posted: Jan 19 2018, 10:40 PM

Fire & Lightning
application
tracker
Group Icon
Pirate
Wings of Fire

CALLUM
pirate king

The girl reacted just as he had expected her too and that made him smile. Fear was a powerful tool for pirates and anyone looking to get the upper hand. In this case it just made him smile. It was adorable how she dove behind the crates as if he were a madman looking to harm her. Callum wasn't looking to do anything to her or else he wouldn't have alerted her to his presents. The waters rose at her bidding telling him that she possessed the power to control water. He was a pirate who loved the sea and wasn't afraid of being taken in by it but it was a good try.

More than anything he did feel a little bad for her. She was little and with the way her hair fell into her face he couldn't say how old she was. Callum laughed a short amused laugh when she offered the bunch of nothing to him, but he looked around at it all in thought knowing he didn't want any of it. "Nah. You keep it, it's yours. I'll even help you carry it off." He offered with a smile. "You've got those little arms, they're so scrawny. I'll help you and you won't have to work so hard." He added wagging a finger her way. He glanced down at the flask she pointed out and wrinkeld his nose before a smirk replaced that expression.

"You didn't try it did you? Silly girl. You ought to be more careful. Everything in a flask or bottle isn't drinkable." He started to tell her what else it could have been but decided against upsetting the poor girl. "I'm from all around. I've been everywhere." he lied. "I just stopped in to check on a friend, but he seems to have gone missing. Say, tell you know. You help me find him and in return I'll give you something better than that trash. What do you say?" He asked and held out his hand to shake hers if she agreed.

For Anmarisa Pelagios

PM
^
Anmarisa Pelagios
 Posted: Jan 27 2018, 08:00 PM

Water & Earth
application
tracker
Group Icon
None
Lycanthropy

He offered to help her with a gracious smile that made her guts twist inside, "I like hard work," she stated flatly, stupidly even, but folded her aforementioned scrawny arms across her chest out of stubbornness. Her trust would not be so easily won. "I can handle myself," a pause, followed by, "Thank you." Manners, even in the face of danger. The sea continued to drift in and out, even spilling over her little makeshift moat and flooding the bottoms of her boots, but she remained with her heart thrumming and her limbs feeling like they were filled with live wires.

"I know that," she sniffed as he regarded the flask, and her arms tightened across her chest, "I've spent enough time in the wilds," she added, and cursed herself for offering more than she ought to. Maybe she was just a silly girl. She didn't believe him when he said he'd come here to meet a friend, and decidedly placed him for a spy and troublemaker. Still, he looked weather worn and well traveled and she let the silence hang in the air while she considered his proposal. Who knew what goods he had to offer? Weapons, food, containers, maps, information. Anything was most likely better than what she would find in these godforsaken crates. "That depends," she pursed her lips and pushed away stray strands from her face, ignoring his outstretched hand, "What are you going to give me? It has to be worth my time," she was no tracker, she knew, but Anmarisa traveled often through Aver and scavenged plenty. There was no saying what folks she would meet in the days to come. And, if the man was indeed a spy..."Who is your friend?" her chin jerked up with the thought, "Is he Averian? Does he live around here?" If he sought to prey on her people, he was sadly mistaken.

Image by Nith
PM
^
Callum Montego
 Posted: Jan 30 2018, 01:47 PM

Fire & Lightning
application
tracker
Group Icon
Pirate
Wings of Fire

CALLUM
pirate king

Callum touched his chin in thought. How was it that a girl who liked hard work found herself without money and good clothing? There were plenty of farms around that could use a milkmaid or hand in something. "This isn't hard work, it's more like harsh work. There's a difference." He wagged a finger. "But I get what you're saying." He wasn't the most worldly of men, but it didn't take that to see through her bold and stubborn act. "Alright, so you can handle yourself, and you're not looking too bad either. But listen, everyone can use a hand now and again right?"

He wasn't one to point out the obvious, but she did have that wild look about her. Not the type of wild he liked in a woman, but the kind of wild that savages showed. "The wilds huh? Where are you from?" She had him more interested now, this girl from the wilds dressed in patched old uniforms. Cal stood there while the silent loomed and he watched the waves roll in and soak the bottoms of her boots. That didn't look good and he knew from experience what water did to boots. She looked prettier when she moved her hair back and Callum looked down at his hand and pulled it back. Was it dirty?

"From the looks of you, no offense, you could use a lot of thing." He laughed lightly and placed his hands on his hips showing off the muscle tone in his arms. "How about I give you coin? Everyone can use coin right?" She asked a lot of questions which was good the way that she didn't just dive in head first at the sound of coin. But someones it was best not to ask so many questions. He rubbed his chin as he thought for a moment and answered. "He's called Rook. I don't know his last name. And well, he lives around here but I don't know if he's Averian. Are you going to help me or not?"

For Anmarisa Pelagios

PM
^
Anmarisa Pelagios
 Posted: Feb 3 2018, 12:44 PM

Water & Earth
application
tracker
Group Icon
None
Lycanthropy

Anmarisa was powerless to argue with his logic. He was older, with more experience and seemingly more rounded view of the world they had been thrown in. She had just turned seventeen, and was barely venturing out of Aver for the first time since arriving. She didn't have an immediate reply to his finger-wagging, deciding it was best to be quiet than look like an idiot. His hand dropped at her silent refusal for formal introductions, but at the very least she answered his questions, "Riverrock, and Aver I suppose." The small town she'd been born in was closely tied to the water and ice kingdom anyways. The child she'd been in Riverrock had carried over, but the primary of her being was forged in the tunnels of Sirenia.

He laughed and insulted her, but Anmarisa didn't take it personally; he was right, she could have used a lot of, well, anything. Food, clothing, materials for starters. A warm fire. A place to sleep. He offered coin and she gave it more consideration. Currency was hardly required to survive now, most just traded and bartered from vendor to vendor, or learned to make their own supplies. She was venturing outside of Sirenia and Aver, however, and who knew when a bit of coin would make the difference between a freezing night in the woods, and a warm inn. "I could use coin," she admitted more freely now, "Alright," there was a small sigh, "I'll help you." She didn't need to know how much he was going to give her; a few pieces would be enough for some information.

"So what does this Rock person look like?" When the waves crested the shore now, they did not fill in her small moat, "What do you want me to do when I find him?" In her naivety, she had not considered the danger this Rock fellow may pose. She stepped out of the soaked sand where her boots had sunk, shaking them off and stepping closer to the pirate in front of her, if only for the dry stability.

Image by Nith
PM
^
Callum Montego
 Posted: Feb 6 2018, 12:54 PM

Fire & Lightning
application
tracker
Group Icon
Pirate
Wings of Fire

CALLUM
pirate king

"Ah Riverock. Well I suppose they're worse places to be from hmm?" Callum wasn't trying to be insulting but he wasn't putting much effort into not doing it either. She was still standing there talking with him. She was listening to him and as long as he had her ear, there was a chance. It wasn't a very big or costly thing he asked with little harm to her as well. He smiled and did what might go down in history as the very first fist pump. "Perfect! I knew you'd come around. Everybody likes coin am I right?" Now he was getting somewhere and if his plan worked, he'd have his money soon enough and be on his way.

"He's about yey tall. Dark hair all scraggy on the ends. Bald at the top. He has a funny shaped nose looks like a door knob." It probably wasn't a very good description but Callum didn't pay much attention to men. The plan was to be close by so he'd point him out if he saw him first. She asked a good question and the sneaky pirate had to think about how he wanted to answer. She looked so innocent and she was already wary of him. "Just tell him that an old friend is searching for him. Just to make sure he's ok."

She stepped out of her mote and Callum smiled and reached for her again. "Name's Callum love. And who might you be?" If they were going to be partners they should at least exchange names. If she accepted his hand this time he would lead her on their way back to towards town. If not he would led the way and let her catch up. "I think we're going to make good partners you and I. Maybe I'll even give you a little extra for being so pretty." he paused. "Then I suppose I'd have to give myself a little more for the same reason." he shrugged and smiled at her. "How about we wing it, shall we?"

For Anmarisa Pelagios
PM
^
Anmarisa Pelagios
 Posted: Apr 1 2018, 03:50 PM

Water & Earth
application
tracker
Group Icon
None
Lycanthropy

He was excited by her agreement to their partnership, and she agreed that everyone did like coin. She hadn't much use for it in the tunnels under Sirenia, but she would in the open world and was wise enough to take the opportunity that presented itself. While she did not trust him, at least not yet, he was a warm and different presence than she had grown used to. If he was going to hurt her, and he very well could have by now, his conversation and tone would not have been so light. She had little to offer, and shy of the chance of him being a psychopath, that gave little incentive to do harm.

She made a face at his description of the man named Rock, wrinkling her nose and furrowing her brow. "He doesn't sound like anyone I've seen before," she mused aloud, "Doesn't sound like he's going to be hard to find." Anmarisa watched this pirate before her, not quite believing that he was an old friend just checking in on his buddy, but ultimately deciding she didn't want to know anything more, lest she find herself in a deeper world of trouble. She accepted his extended hand this time, her light ivory fingertips gently taking his in a cautious grasp as she stepped out of the sunken sand and shook her boots off. "Anmarisa," she looked to him and gave her name easily, and while she was thrown off by his compliment, she gave a light laugh as he mused that he'd have to pay himself more. "You said it, not me," she was content to let him take the spotlight and bask in his own vanity, for all her mess of wild hair and patch work clothing could not have been that attractive to begin with. "Does this Rock have a favorite place to hang out? Do you know where he lives?"

Image by Nith
PM
^
Callum Montego
 Posted: May 17 2018, 11:53 AM

Fire & Lightning
application
tracker
Group Icon
Pirate
Wings of Fire

CALLUM
pirate king

"Rock is an interesting fella. But he's a good man. A good man." The fact that he said it twice should have been a warning. Yes Callum was hamming it up for the young lady the best he could. Had he been a smaller man and a lot less intimidating he could have been less over the top. But given his size the pirate needed to be as cheerful and non threatening as possible. It worked nicely and so far the woman was going along with his plan. "You don't think you're pretty? Don't be so hard on yourself. You'll clean up just fine with a bath and new clothing." Callum thought a moment over how to best answer her question before he tried. "I know where he used to live but that was a long time ago. Place isn't there anymore. But the tavern." he snapped his finger. "He might show up there."

For Anmarisa Pelagios
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Affiliates [ View All | Link-us | Apply ]
Ruins of Wildwood Doutaini Sverige The World of Tur Age Of The Wolves Zootropolis Chronicles  TeairNova Antarsia By Tooth And Claw Dragons Chrysalis Feralkin Tudors Saga Sordid Secrets Aeipathy RP 

• C
  • H
  • A
  • T
cbox quiet? We are probably on discord:
Click here to chat with us!