Anmarisa Pelagios

Spotty

Thread
LEAVE THIS BLUE NEIGHBORHOOD - Cole & Jeremiah

Statistics

Aver Caldo Tyrgere Ombra Rogues
3 ♂ · ♀ 3 5 ♂ · ♀ 4 2 ♂ · ♀ 4 1 ♂ · ♀ 2 11 ♂ · ♀ 9
Site News
14 April 2018: Hey everyone! The activity check is over, and everything [face claim, member directory, kingdom counts, and kingdom rosters] have all been updated! Thanks so much for your participation! If one of your threads has been archived by mistake or if those who missed the activity check want to reactivate your characters, please PM the Cineri account!

7 April 2018: Hey everyone! There is one more week left to fill out the activity check (ends April 14th). Please make sure you post in it, as inactive characters will be inactivated, their threads will be archived, and their face claims will go back up for grabs! In more fun news, Cineri is also officially premium now! Adult content is now formally allowed, and say goodbye to ads! Special thanks to everyone who pitched in for the annual fee!

Plot Highlights
Cineri is back in business! Welcome back everyone, old and new!
Rules
To post in the Open Threads:
  • Use your character's full name as the username.
  • In the message box, post the link to your thread using [url=LINK]POST NAME HERE[/url].
  • You may repost an open thread once every two weeks if it has not been replied to in that span of time.

• You may use this box to post a link to a plotting thread for your character.
  • The Open Threads cbox is not to be used for OOC chatting or advertisements.
Open Threads

Click here to link an open thread.
Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Total Eclipse of the Heart - [Gidheon], Roughly a Year Ago
Shandor Strongheart
 Posted: Jan 16 2018, 07:31 PM

Earth
application
tracker
Group Icon
Healer
Shapeshifting

OOC: Fyra

Shandor had finally taken the time to return to his home. He rode through lands that were scarred by war, grief weighing heavier and heavier upon him as he continued through, seeing acre by acre of land he had loved torn apart. The war had ended, Sunil had disappeared. The rumors said he ascended, but Shandor almost hoped that he had actually died, instead. And the gods had come crashing down to the ground below. The last several years had been hell on earth.

But now felt worse. He had not heard from his family in a long time, and had been too busy helping people in the neutral lands to go back and check upon them. Dread was clinging to his heart as he urged his horse closer to what had been his home growing up. Tears rose up as he crested a hill on the edge of what had once been Ninvale. The destruction of the city was bad enough, but what truly tugged at his heart was the ruined remains of the farm of his childhood. The fields were barren, though some showed the signs of regrowth. The house was nothing but a collapsed ruin, most of it gone.

He nudged the horse closer, the grey gelding snorting at the lingering scent of smoke where everything had burned. As he came up towards the house, Shan's heart felt like it stopped and he kneed the horse into a lope. Along where the garden had been in front of their house, was a row of gravestones. The man's throat tightened as he pulled his horse to a halt and slid to the ground, his eyes seeking names upon the stones.

He found them. Beloved, familiar names. His mother, his father... Three of his brothers. Tears welled up as grief filled him, and Shandor fell to the ground, staring at the gravestones. He murmured through the tears, apologizing that he hadn't been there and hating himself for not having been with them. The man didn't know how long he stayed there, staring at his family's graves. He wept silently, letting memories flow through him as he fought the urge to simply flee, back to Miador, where his thoughts had been concerned with helping those who required healing, and little had been spared to think of his family.

The sun was high in the sky when he arrived, and it was on its way down when he tilted his head, hearing something behind him.
PM
^
Gideon Blythe
 Posted: Jan 25 2018, 11:21 AM

Air
application
tracker
Group Icon
None
Empathy

OOC: Venny

There was a time they thought themselves lucky. Removed from the thick of the fighting, they carried on through the war, their land scathed with cuts and bruises as opposed to the gaping scars in Aver and Caldo. No, they weren’t untouched, but they were in far better shape then some of the other families in Eudocia. His heart twisted for those facing famine, burying their loved ones with their hands because all their tools had burned.

Then the Gods came.

They weren’t driven by simple human politics. In their eyes there was nothing to spare. Fires raged, hills trembled, and what wasn’t burning was flooded beyond repair. Nothing survived, not even his family. One brother was buried by a mudslide in an attempt to rescue what was left of their flock. A massive fire had taken the rest. Gideon had been getting water when lightning had struck the house, a direct hit, too exact to be nature’s hand. Their corpses were so charred it took two days for him to figure out how to mark their graves.

Gideon remained close to the ruins of his home, catatonic and hollow. For months he grieved, coming to terms with the withering idea of a future, of putting the possibility of happiness to rest. Every night he’d lay flowers on the gravestones, and most days he spent the better part of the afternoon looking for fresh blooms. The sun was low when he approached the house, and he stiffened when he saw another figure there, bent over the stones on his knees.

“I was wondering when you’d come back. I almost made a stone for you, too.”

PM
^
Shandor Strongheart
 Posted: Jan 25 2018, 10:31 PM

Earth
application
tracker
Group Icon
Healer
Shapeshifting

Shandor's ears all but twitched as he recognized his brother's voice. The eldest of them, Gideon had been his idle for much of his young life. He had struggled to be like his brother before he had discovered, of course, that they were not alike at all. But he had never dashed the admiration out of himself for his brother. Relief swelled in him among the shadows of his grief, and the man pushed to his feet, turning around without bothering to hide his shining, tear-filled eyes. He swallowed hard, finding his voice, which was hoarse with sobs that he hadn't let out. "Gideon."

Relief flooded his gaze now. His family was not entirely dead. Perhaps, they could come to terms and continue life, together, with each other to lean on. Shandor stood for a moment, staring at Gideon before he stepped forward and swept the other man into a crushing hug. It was brief, but there was no denying that he had missed his brother, and the man seemed like a shadow hung over him. Grief, and anger. Something. But Shan was sure that such could be fixed. Ever the optimist, the youngest of the bunch.

As he released Gideon, he left one hand upon Gideon's arm, a small smile tugging at his lips. "I would not have blamed you... I... I'm sorry I did not return sooner. Uncle left me with a great many responsibilities with his caravan, and then as a healer I've been kept far busier than I had expected." The extremely short update on his life felt awkward, and he paused clearing his throat.

Pain entered his gaze as he looked back to the stones, daring to ask. "What... what happened here?"
PM
^
Gideon Blythe
 Posted: Jan 29 2018, 11:07 AM

Air
application
tracker
Group Icon
None
Empathy

When Shandor first set out with their Uncle they wished him well. For the youngest of them all to show so much enthusiasm for life, such daring -- they admired him for it. Months turned to years and as fighting broke out amongst the kingdoms they assumed he’d return. When he didn’t the sweet taste of pride turned bitter in Gideon’s mouth. It felt like Shandor had abandoned them. Perhaps this simple life wasn’t good enough for him, perhaps he’d never thought much of his family at all.

Seeing him now, bent over the graves -- it felt like a long time coming. A reunion soiled by the destruction of all they held dear. Shandor dragged them into a tight embrace, one which Gideon slowly returned. Reaching around he patted the other man on the back, feeling the solid muscle beneath his shoulder blades, making sure he was real. How terrible this would be if it were a dream.

“Ah, so you’re a healer now. I’m sure your time has been fully occupied. You look well.” His tone was tepid at best, the happiness of seeing his brother again at odds with a simmering anger for all he’d done (or, more importantly, hadn’t done). Turning back to the ruins of their home, Gideon shrugged. “The Gods came down and took everything. There was a mudslide, a massive fire -- they all perished.” Waiting a beat, he settled Shandor with a level gaze. “We could have used a healer then.”

PM
^
Shandor Strongheart
 Posted: Feb 1 2018, 05:23 PM

Earth
application
tracker
Group Icon
Healer
Shapeshifting

He winced a little at the tone of Gideon's voice. It wasn't exactly welcoming, and guilt rammed through him. It had been years, he supposed, and he had returned to a family gone. By anybody's standards he had neglected familial duties, at best. But how could he be expected to flee back to Tyrgere when there had been so many on the edge of death? But guilt raked its claws through him regardless as Gideon looked at him.

"We could have used a healer then."

Shandor wilted inside, but outwardly, he managed to hold himself firm. Tyrgere had been filled with healers. They had always been the more peaceful people of Eudocia. To say that there hadn't been a healer present at all meant that even if he had been here, he could not have prevented much. His voice was quiet, level as he responded, though his green gaze was filled with sorrow and guilt. "There is not much a healer can do against the elements, Gideon. I know how to fix the wounds of a blade far more than I knew how to revive somebody from breathing in too much smoke. It sounds like you needed a healer of magic."

He dragged a hand through his hair, eyes returning to the gravestones, guilt riddling him despite knowing that there was little he could have done against the cataclysm that had come with the gods' arrival. "I am sorry I was not here, regardless, but I do not think it would have changed the outcome."
PM
^
Gideon Blythe
 Posted: Feb 4 2018, 05:02 PM

Air
application
tracker
Group Icon
None
Empathy

What Shandor said was true. For months Gideon’s anger had been misdirected, stewing over a man who would have been just as powerless as him. There was nothing that could have stopped this monumental loss. But, perhaps, Gideon could stop it from happening again. Angling his body away from the graves, he took in his brother’s visage. His guilt was a constrictor, tightening around his throat, making the air around them seem thin. Gideon sought to give him absolution. A chance to put his family ahead of his own nobel ambitions for once.

“Stay with me, brother.” Reaching out, he gripped the other man’s arm. “I’ve decided to intervene. I know we’ve worshiped them all our life, but the Gods have turned their back on their flock. They’ve torn apart our very existence. It’s up to us now to set things right.” A lilting, calm explanation as his eyes misted with tears. “Please, brother. Help me save what is left of Eudocia. Help me take back our home.”

PM
^
Shandor Strongheart
 Posted: Feb 6 2018, 10:49 PM

Earth
application
tracker
Group Icon
Healer
Shapeshifting

Shandor stared at the gravestones, his heart thudding painfully in his chest as grief wracked through him. He remained still, even as Gideon’s fingers wrapped around his bicep. The only sign of him listening was the slightest tilt of his head, and as his eldest brother spoke of setting things right, his eyes left the stones to land upon his single living family member. Thoughts raced through Shandor’s mind, confusion swirling his eyes as he thought through Gideon’s words.

”Help me take back our home.”

The words echoed through him, and Shandor stared for a moment as pieces of the puzzle fell into place. His voice was almost a whisper. ”You… you blame Them.” His eyes widened slightly as he realized what his brother meant by “intervene” and “set things right.” And Shandor’s voice froze in both a bit of shock. He had always been a faithful man, if not devout, Regularly, despite their lack of intervention in the world, he had prayed for the White One’s aid, for help from any of them to save a patient, to get out of tough situation. There was never any sign of whether it had helped, but it certainly had never harmed him. And now, the gods walked among them again.

His voice was quiet as he responded to Gideon. ”Gideon… They didn’t do this. The Gods returned to us, after generations of being absent, and considering they crashed down upon the earth, I don’t think it was how they intended to. They Gods did not fail us. We failed them. As a people, we lost the war to Sunil, Eudocia fell to his darkness and he supposedly ascended to godhood. We failed the Gods by allowing him to rise to such power in the first place.” His voice was fervent, solid in his belief that the Eudocian people had failed their deities. ”You cannot blame our family’s death upon them. We are not the only ones who have lost everything to the war.”
PM
^
Gideon Blythe
 Posted: Feb 13 2018, 10:29 AM

Air
application
tracker
Group Icon
None
Empathy

“Didn’t do this...are you blind, brother?” Couldn’t he see the scorched miles of earth and the disassembled families? Wasn’t he experiencing the same kind of pain? Gideon thought, with all their stark differences, they could share in the grief of what they’d lost. A raw, but common, tether.

In a burst of bright red anger, he pushed his brother away, a gust of air from his hands helping part them further. “Where were your Gods when you had children stretched out before you, gaunt and dying? Where were your Gods when soldiers ransacked and pillaged the lives of so many? Where were your Gods when Sunil was planning his attack? When he was making his attack? Why didn’t they help us?

Fuming, he began to pace. Turning on him, he rallied forth another diatribe. “How dare you say we failed them. They failed US. They’ve always failed us. And I won’t sit by and let them take anything else. I’m going to kill them, with or without anyone’s help.”

PM
^
Shandor Strongheart
 Posted: Feb 14 2018, 12:31 PM

Earth
application
tracker
Group Icon
Healer
Shapeshifting

Shandor cringed inside at the raw fury of Gideon’s voice. It was a righteous anger, and he could understand why it was there, but the target was all wrong. And more so, now it wasn’t merely at the gods but at him as well. Air burst forth, shoving him away from his brother. Reaching for the earth beneath him, Shandor only stumbled two steps away, out of physical reach but still close. His focus turned fully onto his brother, for the moment, leaving his grief sidelined.

His own anger surfaced slightly, eyes narrowing at his brother. ”We failed them long ago, Gideon. Generations ago. They left because of it, Sunil rose because of it and now they have come back and you won’t give them a chance to fix anything! The gods are the reason we have any of the things we have at all. Chetura is the reason we have the knowledge that allowed me to learn how to heal in the first place! The White One guided our people for generations before the tribes caused them to walk away from us. We cannot fix what has happened between us until both sides acknowledge the mistakes made.” His voice was low and reasonable despite the anger that sparked in his eyes.

He stepped towards Gideon, reaching for him. ”Don’t let hatred guide you, Gideon. Please. We need everything we can to help Eudocia heal… Don’t add to its wounds…” Quiet, almost pleading, his voice was that of a younger brother hoping beyond hope that his idol would not take the darker path, where hope was scarce.
PM
^
Gideon Blythe
 Posted: Mar 1 2018, 08:51 AM

Air
application
tracker
Group Icon
None
Empathy

“They abandoned us. They’re punishing us. How do sinkholes and mudslides and fires help us, Shandor? Hm? You’re a fool to think this is hatred. This is reason, this is justice. I’m ruled by a love of the Eudocian people, neighbors and enemies alike. We don’t deserve to get slaughtered like sheep for the actions of a crazed, self-important demi-god.” Shaking his head, he held up his hand, his eyes glowing hot with anger.

“I’ll add a stone to the grave in the morning. If you won’t come to my aid now after leaving us so wantonly then you’re dead to me, brother.”

PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll

Affiliates [ View All | Link-us | Apply ]
Ruins of Wildwood Doutaini Sverige The World of Tur Age Of The Wolves Zootropolis Chronicles  TeairNova Antarsia By Tooth And Claw Dragons Chrysalis Feralkin Tudors Saga Sordid Secrets 

• C
  • H
  • A
  • T
cbox quiet? We are probably on discord:
Click here to chat with us!