Anmarisa Pelagios

Spotty

Thread
LEAVE THIS BLUE NEIGHBORHOOD - Cole & Jeremiah

Statistics

Aver Caldo Tyrgere Ombra Rogues
3 ♂ · ♀ 3 5 ♂ · ♀ 4 2 ♂ · ♀ 4 1 ♂ · ♀ 2 11 ♂ · ♀ 9
Site News
14 April 2018: Hey everyone! The activity check is over, and everything [face claim, member directory, kingdom counts, and kingdom rosters] have all been updated! Thanks so much for your participation! If one of your threads has been archived by mistake or if those who missed the activity check want to reactivate your characters, please PM the Cineri account!

7 April 2018: Hey everyone! There is one more week left to fill out the activity check (ends April 14th). Please make sure you post in it, as inactive characters will be inactivated, their threads will be archived, and their face claims will go back up for grabs! In more fun news, Cineri is also officially premium now! Adult content is now formally allowed, and say goodbye to ads! Special thanks to everyone who pitched in for the annual fee!

Plot Highlights
Cineri is back in business! Welcome back everyone, old and new!
Rules
To post in the Open Threads:
  • Use your character's full name as the username.
  • In the message box, post the link to your thread using [url=LINK]POST NAME HERE[/url].
  • You may repost an open thread once every two weeks if it has not been replied to in that span of time.

• You may use this box to post a link to a plotting thread for your character.
  • The Open Threads cbox is not to be used for OOC chatting or advertisements.
Open Threads

Click here to link an open thread.
Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

MUDDY WATERS, ;; Natalia
Cefin Alinari
 Posted: Feb 20 2018, 10:19 AM

Lightning & Fire
application
tracker
Group Icon
Spy
Speaks to Animals

OOC: Olly

In the background of his concern, Cefin heard the grumble of Natalia’s mount at her urging for him to move forward. Instinctively his golden eyes flickered toward the horse and a twitch of a smile came over his face, but the gravity of the actual situation at hand was far more important than the mutterings of a surly destrier. It was finally shared with him that his huntress friend was now chewing on bandits’ faces for a past-time, and he had to laugh at that – a rumbling resigned sort of laugh that spoke for his understanding that scolding her would do him absolutely no good.

“The day my mother would train a bandit is the day the world would stand still.” he quipped instead, choosing to latch onto the lighter commentary she had added. Still keeping his own mount next to hers, Cefin forced himself to look away from her slung arm and let out a quiet breath between his lips. “Should I make you stop so I can have a look at it, or can I trust that you won’t keel over from sepsis before we get to… wherever you’re going?” He glanced at her from the corner of his eye, his lips drawing a thin line of concern though they still twitched with the air of humor. Given the seriousness of the situation, his light-heartedness was not entirely genuine, but he was nothing if not practiced at keeping himself light in the face of trauma or tension or misery.

PMEmail
^
Natalia Voight
 Posted: Feb 22 2018, 04:46 AM

Lightning & Fire
application
tracker
Group Icon
Hunter
Portal Creation

OOC: Spotty

Cefin’s word choice was something that let a near feline grin pull at her lips. Make me, eh?” She teased indignantly. ”Make me get off my horse and remove my clothes. All so you can poke about my wound?...At least you've got the method half right after all this time.” A scoff left her at the observation. ”Nothing like sepsis to get a woman's clothes off you know,” the woman mumbled sarcastically.

”But, I suppose if it will make you stop being so nosey, I'll comply. Provided you can actually manage to make me, like you said.” Even if she was nearing physical exhaustion, she seldom handed anything over for free, especially when he inadvertently issued a challenge. She did enjoy seeing the bits of fire she knew lingered deep within the man flare from time to time. ”And Miador, by the way.”

PM
^
Cefin Alinari
 Posted: Feb 23 2018, 12:21 PM

Lightning & Fire
application
tracker
Group Icon
Spy
Speaks to Animals

Cefin was not deaf to the change in tone of Natalia’s voice, and he side-eyed her from atop his mount beside her. He considered her there, in silence, weighing her taunts with what was probably the most logical course of action given the current state she was in. Indecision kept him there in that limbo for a short while, the fingers of his hand not holding the reins gently weaving into his horse’s mane while he considered each option.

In the end, Cefin chose to satisfy his concerns and curiosity, and potentially the huntress’ own given her less than subtle hints. Rather than fling himself from his horse and atop her to topple them both to the ground, however, he chose a more sophisticated method of removing her from her destrier. Namely, he turned his focus to Tol with a muted sort of smirk. “I think Tol is ready for a break anyway, no? Maybe he should take a rest as well.” He knew the horse had heard him by the swivel of a single ear, and then to Cefin’s satisfaction, Tol eagerly took the advice, promptly halted, and then proceeded to lay down with Natalia still on his back.

Cefin was laughing when he dismounted his own horse and assisted in pulling the one-armed Natalia off before one of her legs could get crushed as well. Using strength he did not often showcase, he sat her down on the side of the trail and knelt in front of her. “Now, before you hit me, remember you gave me permission.” He looked her right in the eye, not unlike a scolding mother, but when his hands went to the laces of her vest, his expression became softer and more introspective. The process of slowly and deliberately removing her arm from its sling, unclasping her cloak, pulling the vest from her shoulders, and then tugging her shirt over her head as a last gesture was done almost in a ceremonial way, respectful and cautiously gentle.

Before anyone else could happen down the trail and find them there in such a precarious position, Cefin wrapped her cloak back around her shoulders to cover her as much as possible. Not that there was much to see, given her current state – with a bandage wrapped tightly around her chest and shoulder to hide the wound. The faintest hint of blood soaked through, and Cefin’s nostrils instinctively flared as he exhaled to release the worry bottled up within him. “Oh Gnat.” He murmured her nickname in a fond but sad way, as if he were verbally shaking his head. “I don’t want to undo this whole wrap unless you have extra bandages…” Hopefully she did, given the length of her journey, but he couldn’t always expect Natalia to behave in the most rational manner.

PMEmail
^
Natalia Voight
 Posted: Feb 24 2018, 10:53 AM

Lightning & Fire
application
tracker
Group Icon
Hunter
Portal Creation

She really should have known better. Cefin, nine times out of ten, wasn't one to execute his actions with brute force alone. It was one of the major features that deviated him from the rest of Caldo and contributed largely to his status as the white sheep of his charcoal shaded family, so to speak. To say she expected a betrayal from the inside would be a lie, and to accompany that surprise came a character defying and self-incriminating screech of a sound. A seeming bastardization of a cat who had had cold water poured on them mixed with a distinctly feminine pitch she seldom used outside playing some naive young thing for information.

The moment didn't last long however, a grumble of curses rolling forth like thunder as her body instinctively hummed with electricity. Her maroon eyes slowly growing gold in hue as the current started to wash throughout her frame. Sitting, or rather inadvertently forced to sit by both gravity and her friend, a huff of disillusionment and derision left her. Rolling her eyes at the notion she'd hit him, she quipped back. ”Maybe later, I haven't decided.” The truth of the matter was, the rapid burst and decrease in adrenaline had siphoned nearly all her energy out of her. Couple that with sleep deprivation and Cefin had a pretty passive prisoner in Natalia, as passive as she got anyway.

He was right though, and the logical part of her brain knew Tol could use some actual restful sleep, just like her, instead of simple breaks and a soft look of guilt washed over her face briefly as the equine inspected the scene. Though, again her current emotions were quick to change as the mobility of her arm was tested inadvertently by his manipulation and a grimace formed accompanied by a grunt of a growl, though it wasn't directed at Cefin in particular.

Cefin had a particular gentleness she was familiar with but seldom used to. Generally a caustic mess of fire and electricity, to be treated like glass was strange, bordering uncomfortable. ”I won't break ya know,” she muttered softly, not necessarily condemning his actions, but expressed out loud more for the sake of her own pride and reputation.

The sound of her childhood nickname brought her attention from his from his hands to his face as he placed her cloak back over her, as if she had some honor left preserving. ”Ever the gentleman,” the woman sighed with a tsk. She'd never understand it. Sure, Karin raised her boys into respectable men, but her youngest exuded a near chivalrous sort of behavior that again wasn't something she'd ever be used to despite knowing him for years. It wasn't unwelcome, but its abnormality compared to her usual and perhaps even preferred, or arguably resigned, interaction with men was enough to stir feelings of the unknown variety that she quickly tried to snuff out as she was asked about extra bandages. Rubbing her jaw, she nodded; haphazardly trying to conceal the rosy tint to her cheeks the caring - albeit impractical - gesture had produced. The bastard. ”Yeah, in the left saddlebag.” Waiting until he had begun rummaging around, she added. ”...And if I get blood on my good cloak because of this, I won't hit you, I'll go straight to electrocution.” Damn Cefin, unwittingly exploiting her tolerance of him.

PM
^
Cefin Alinari
 Posted: Feb 26 2018, 08:37 PM

Lightning & Fire
application
tracker
Group Icon
Spy
Speaks to Animals

With every gesture of gentility and care that Cefin delivered, he was met with a weary but stubborn retort from the huntress he knelt before. Cefin himself was quite accustomed to what anyone who wasn’t a Caldonian would consider an abrasive attitude. Rather than feed the flames with argumentativeness or even further chivalry, the youngest Alinari remained mostly silent, letting his crimson rimmed golden eyes do the talking for him. They were both well aware of Natalia’s capabilities at getting herself into trouble and managing to survive, and while he had all the faith in the world that she was a sturdy, proficient individual, such qualities did not make her immortal.

Briefly, Cefin retreated from his position in front of her to retrieve the bandages from the saddlebag, which was fortunately on the more easily accessible side of Natalia’s resting mount. “Electrocution, huh?” He answered glibly and knelt in the same spot again. “I’ll do my best, but no promises.” Nevermind that electrocution would not actually harm him, but the attempt at being threatening itself had enough power behind it that a different sort of retaliation would quickly replace her lightning after not having the desired effect.

“Now hold still, or I can’t be blamed for the mess that might happen.” his eyes lifted to hers briefly, a sparkling sort of jest in them, before settling on her old bandage. Slowly, deftly, he unraveled the cloth from her shoulder and chest until the wound revealed itself. Its presence served as a proper distraction from her nakedness, though the young man could not help but steal at least one glance over the whole of her before returning back dutifully to the task at hand. “At least you’re keeping it clean.” In fact, Cefin admittedly was impressed by its cleanliness, and he began the task of rewrapping her with the new linen. “But it still looks pretty deep…” His eyes moved back up, finding hers again, and this time there was a pleading there. “You really ought to rest here. I can stay and keep an eye on the horses.” A little smile curled upward at the corners of his lips, so genuine and charming and disarming all at once. Please?”

PMEmail
^
Natalia Voight
 Posted: Feb 28 2018, 05:49 PM

Lightning & Fire
application
tracker
Group Icon
Hunter
Portal Creation

She knew in theory, and somewhat in practice, that her threat of electrocuting him was a rather empty one considering both their very Caldonian lineages. As of yet she had never tried to harm Cefin elementally. But sure as a child, and even young adult, she was a very physical sort, always up for roughhousing. A fond memory of her chasing him as a pup, and nipping at him with her puppy teeth, as he tried to escape her attention was brought to the forefront of her mind; the memory causing a small grin to appear as she thought back on it. Though still, the only time the two had really exchanged electrical energy had been in far more…intimate - if you could call some of them that - settings. And considering his rather convenient seeming immunity to fire, she had no idea how such a charge would be received, if not redirected or bounced back entirely. But, Cefin had the heart to entertain her threat anyway.

For the most part, Natalia heeded his command to stay still, only ever wriggling with a characteristically short-lived low growl and hiss as he finally peeled off the layer of linen directly atop her still somewhat tender wound. A scoff overcame her at his passive comment, eyes catching him stealing a glance in the process, but it wasn’t as if it wasn’t anything he hadn’t seen before. ”My mother was a healer afterall.” As young as she was when the woman disappeared, she still had some memories. The woman talked constantly, nearly narrating her life to the girl, and as such she had picked up a few things here and there even if at the time they hadn’t quite clicked. Not to mention the life of a scout bred self-sufficiency, and the ability to deal with the inevitable injuries that came with the job was a necessary one - amongst other survival skills.

”Honestly I’m surprised it didn’t go clean through. But I’ll blame wolf anatomy for that.” He was right in that it was a deep wound, as most puncture wounds tended to be. She was lucky the rogue healer had been around to assist, or rather take it upon himself, in removing the barbed projectile as the angle would have proven troublesome for her to deal with alone. Not impossible, but it would certainly have been less a surgical job.

”Ah, so now the gentleman wants a lady to sleep on the side of the road. Tsk. Tsk.” His grin was convincing, and her body certainly craved the rest. But her mind wouldn’t let her in such an open and rather indefensible space. ”How about instead we find someplace to make camp; where we can untack the horses. I’m sure Tol would appreciate it.”

PM
^
Cefin Alinari
 Posted: Mar 4 2018, 06:43 PM

Lightning & Fire
application
tracker
Group Icon
Spy
Speaks to Animals

Natalia was not a helpless little thing, that fact Cefin had never questioned. Where his doubt sometimes lied was in her ability to respect her own physical limits or to know when to stop and take care of herself. The fact that she had been riding Tol alone with another horse tethered to her with this severity of wound gave him all the evidence he needed that he was right to doubt her sometimes. Even still, he nodded and shrugged where needed, resigning to her retorts with passivity.

Cefin was honestly surprised when she agreed in some form to his request. At first, she took his words a little too literally, which earned her a smirk and a quiet chuckle. “You mean sleeping in plain view of passersby doesn’t enthuse you?” His tease was gentle in tone, and he pushed himself up to a stand from his kneeling position. “Say no more.”

The one thing Cefin deliberately did not do was offer a hand to help the huntress stand up. Instead, he left her to her own devices, not wanting to tread too closely toward coddling her, and went about coaxing Tol into standing up again. Once he had the reins of both horses in hand, one on either side of him, he stepped off the trail and led them into the burning hues of the forest. “I actually know of a spot not far from here.”

And indeed, as luck would have it, the clearing was only a few minutes jaunt from the road. It was hardly larger than the size of a tent, but it already had a scattering of stones from an old firepit lying around, and a low-branched tree was conveniently placed nearby to tie the horses to. Cefin did not ask for permission to begin removing the girths and saddles from the mounts, instead having the grace to silently know which tasks would be difficult for the huntress to complete with only one arm. “How about you make the fire? I’ll take care of the rest.” he said from behind Tol, briefly poking his head up over the horse’s back to look in her direction before disappearing again to finish unclasping the leather buckles of the horse’s saddle.

PMEmail
^
Natalia Voight
 Posted: Mar 7 2018, 05:55 PM

Lightning & Fire
application
tracker
Group Icon
Hunter
Portal Creation

It was good to see that Cefin’s unforgivingly serious demeanor didn't linger for long. It wasn't that his care was unappreciated, quite the opposite in fact; since she knew in the end it came from a fair place. His worry wasn't completely unwarranted. She did have a habit of pushing boundaries and limits, whether they be her own or that of others’. That being said, she also knew that it could be a more conscious effort on his part when it came to walking the line between overriding her for her own good and smothering - depriving her flames of much needed oxygen and autonomy. She didn't do well leashed, and the fact that Cefin was aware and respectful of that is what allowed him the liberties some might be shocked for - that and their familiarity did help.

A scoff was all that followed as she rose, gathering her shirt, vest and now shed cloak in one hand before tossing them over her unbandaged shoulder haphazardly. Even if, for all intents and purposes, she was covered, Natalia, like a good chunk of Caldonians really, had no qualms about showing more than a fair share of skin. She had absolutely no shame in appearing scantily clad or otherwise. If someone's delicate sensibilities got offended at the sight of her, that wasn't her fault. They could look away or they could continue to stare and act like they weren't - it didn't matter much to her.

Following his lead, she lazily strode behind him, taking in their location amongst the vibrant colors of the maple valley. Save for the charcoal forests, this certainly ranked amongst her favorite locations to prowl. The two woods seemed to complement each other well, one bare and perpetually burning while the other flourished with constant flame-colored foliage. With their destination reached, dark maroon eyes drifted towards her company as he began attending to what should have been her own responsibilities. Though, as if sensing her growing feelings of incompetence, he gave her a task to set her mind to.

With a distorted noise of acknowledgement, she went about gathering kindling and larger more robust logs after leaving her shed clothing on a nearby stump. She could start a fire as easily as breathing, but with nothing to sustain the force, it'd pitter out in seconds. Kicking a loose stone back into formation around the pit, she went about arranging her materials once collected. A deft flick of her fingers had flames lick at the thin twigs until they grew to a point where that alone would not sate their appetite. Only then did she reward them with bigger prey. The once flickering fire quickly shifted into a crackling one, just enough to provide the familiar heat of home so desired.

PM
^
Cefin Alinari
 Posted: Mar 12 2018, 02:54 PM

Lightning & Fire
application
tracker
Group Icon
Spy
Speaks to Animals

Nestled between the two destriers, Cefin could not see what Natalia was up to, but he could hear her start to rummage around to gather the necessary food for the fire. In the meantime, he busied himself with unbuckling both the horses’ girths and easing their saddles from their backs. He leaned those carefully against the trunk of the tree and then set about using his fingers to scrub the sweat lines along the horses’ coats. This step was entirely unnecessary, but the young man enjoyed listening to their appreciative mutters and watching their heads slowly lower in relaxation. Horses were simple in their desires and needs, and they rarely had the vanity of his fellow Caldonians to refuse dishing out gratitude where gratitude was deserved.

By the time he had finished tending to the animals, Natalia had completed the fire and coaxed it into a healthy flame. Cefin stepped beside her and smoothly transitioned from a stand to a cross-legged sit upon the ground, only a foot away from the flames. He sat close to the huntress as well; at first, only their shoulders brushed against each other, but after a few breaths of silence, Cefin loosely wrapped his arm around her waist. His fingers lightly pressed into the skin of her abdomen, but he made no further attempt to pull her in closer. “You can rest for as long as you need to.” he said quietly, his golden eyes locked on the fire in front of him. “I promise I won’t disappear until you’re ready to get on your way again.” His gaze flicked over and downward to her, and he grinned impishly.

PMEmail
^
Natalia Voight
 Posted: Mar 28 2018, 03:38 PM

Lightning & Fire
application
tracker
Group Icon
Hunter
Portal Creation

Once she was content with her creation, she allowed herself to settle next to Cefin - air evacuating her lungs in a sigh of exhaustion. She was far beyond protest at this point and the near silence mixed with the hypnotic crackle of flame was enough to lull the huntress as she was slowly pried away from her previous vigilance. Again she did little to shoo the man away, instead content with his closeness, nestling into his embrace as he secured his hold on her.

A grin ghosted her lips at his words and as if his gaze actually did conjure a feeling of being watched, her marron eyes met his before setting her head on his shoulder, oddly content. “Thanks, Ceffy.” she too dredging up his childhood nickname in a show of sportive affection. Natalia, with every fiber of her being, loathed being dependent on another creature. Even as a child she pushed for her independence, distancing herself from most in order to avoid the painful sense of loss or rejection when life ripped them away. As such, she was true friends with few and trusted even fewer. The friendships she had forged could be counted on one hand, and though Cefin towed the line between a friendship and a relationship, it was only her unreserved faith in him that allowed her to give into her body's pleas for sleep, fully confident he'd remain true to his word.

PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll

Affiliates [ View All | Link-us | Apply ]
Ruins of Wildwood Doutaini Sverige The World of Tur Age Of The Wolves Zootropolis Chronicles  TeairNova Antarsia By Tooth And Claw Dragons Chrysalis Feralkin Tudors Saga Sordid Secrets Aeipathy RP 

• C
  • H
  • A
  • T
cbox quiet? We are probably on discord:
Click here to chat with us!