Anmarisa Pelagios

Spotty

Thread
LEAVE THIS BLUE NEIGHBORHOOD - Cole & Jeremiah

Statistics

Aver Caldo Tyrgere Ombra Rogues
3 ♂ · ♀ 3 5 ♂ · ♀ 4 2 ♂ · ♀ 4 1 ♂ · ♀ 2 11 ♂ · ♀ 9
Site News
14 April 2018: Hey everyone! The activity check is over, and everything [face claim, member directory, kingdom counts, and kingdom rosters] have all been updated! Thanks so much for your participation! If one of your threads has been archived by mistake or if those who missed the activity check want to reactivate your characters, please PM the Cineri account!

7 April 2018: Hey everyone! There is one more week left to fill out the activity check (ends April 14th). Please make sure you post in it, as inactive characters will be inactivated, their threads will be archived, and their face claims will go back up for grabs! In more fun news, Cineri is also officially premium now! Adult content is now formally allowed, and say goodbye to ads! Special thanks to everyone who pitched in for the annual fee!

Plot Highlights
Cineri is back in business! Welcome back everyone, old and new!
Rules
To post in the Open Threads:
  • Use your character's full name as the username.
  • In the message box, post the link to your thread using [url=LINK]POST NAME HERE[/url].
  • You may repost an open thread once every two weeks if it has not been replied to in that span of time.

• You may use this box to post a link to a plotting thread for your character.
  • The Open Threads cbox is not to be used for OOC chatting or advertisements.
Open Threads

Click here to link an open thread.
Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

FILL TO ME THE PARTING GLASS, ;; Hypatia
Jeremiah Menahem
 Posted: Feb 23 2018, 10:42 AM

Earth
application
tracker
Group Icon
Librarian
Illusion

OOC: Thistlefoot

It was a bright, sunny day. The fingers of spring were creeping in, though the land still lay well inside winter's clutches. Still, the teasing sun on this unseasonably temperate preview of the days to come was warming the earth and all upon it. It lit down on the trees, their buds still held tight and hard against the chill, waiting for their time. It slid quickly over the few sprouting blades of grass, bright and slick under snowmelt and frost. It did surprisingly little to cheer the ruins of the Marble Library, though.

Jeremiah strolled slowly around the vast perimeter of the building, taking in his handiwork and wrestling with his own fears as he prepared for his visitor. In the illusion he'd created, the core of the Library was more or less all that still stood, and that barely. He kept it that way to spare himself the extra work--however practiced he had become over the years, it was still a tremendous amount of effort to sustain two illusions when they contradicted each other. The interior space had to be whole enough for him to function inside it even in its illusory wreck, and so the exterior had to at least match its space.

Still. It didn't look good. Large sections of thick stone wall had caved in on themselves, created huge blockages of rubble, once gleaming pristine marble but now weathered by time and rain. Vines, roots, and creepers choked the building elsewhere, blocking windows, splitting flagstones, covering the likely pathways and the foot traffic that went by regularly.

He sighed. The thought of undoing this, revealing the Library in its true form for any passerby to see and potentially letting word spread of its continued strength and wealth, made the back of his neck prickle uncomfortably. There was no help for it, though. He'd need to do this the day he left, and it would stay that way until he came back. Assuming he came back.

He wouldn't think about that.

A blink, and it was all changed.

Where the sun shone now, gleaming, graceful, imposing walls stood. The trees still surrounded them, the building deeply in harmony with its surroundings, but nature no longer battled for control. The walls and door were hale and smooth, no cracks or blemishes tinting them. He clasped his hands behind his back and gazed at his library, waiting for the woman he hoped would ease his mind.

image by Venny, code by Ryne
PMEmail
^
Hypatia Baresi
 Posted: Feb 24 2018, 06:59 AM

Water & Earth
application
tracker
Group Icon
Priestess & Scholar
Time Manipulation

OOC: Spotty

• LIGHTS ON THE SHORELINE SEARCH THE FACES OF THE LOST •

Delicate tendrils of smoke trailed throughout the temple. She'd been sitting in front of Garion’s shrine for hours now. The imposing and regal relief of a bear that had been carved into the wall of the ancient space. She had started her meditations early today, hoping to clear her mind before morning prayers. But as the faintest beams of sunlight from the large hole that acted as the temple's ceiling - or lack thereof - cast their warmth down into the space, she knew it was time. Rising from her place on the floor, she went back to her quarters to retrieve the wooden box she had prepared the day before. After telling one of the other sisters where she would be and what for, she gathered her goods and herself before setting out for the great library.

She had visited the place a few times after the collapse of Tyrgere, though that had been a while ago. Compared to all other times, those journeys had been more somber in nature; helping to prepare the graves for those who had fallen fighting the wickedness Sunil had brought down upon them and their last bastion of hope.

When she had reached it, the illusion kept by its master had already been dispelled. The building looked good, like she remembered when she first visited the structure and had been awestruck by its beauty. A soft grin pulled at her lips at the fondness of the memory as she walked the steps to the massive door leading inside. Hovering conspicuously by the entrance was a fidgure she could only presume was the man she had been communicating with - though that too had been a while since she had laid eyes on him last.

”Brother Menahem, I presume? It is good to see you in such good health.” she called out, adjusting the wooden latch box balanced on her hip.

"speech."

PM
^
Jeremiah Menahem
 Posted: Feb 27 2018, 10:13 PM

Earth
application
tracker
Group Icon
Librarian
Illusion

He'd been listening out for her, and though he heard her step behind him he was still briefly caught off guard somehow when she called out. The librarian turned, letting his hands fall from their clasped position behind his back and walking to meet her, then returning them like clockwork to the same position.

"Ah...Sister Hypatia." He hesitated a moment at the title. Never having been much of one for religion even when he was younger, time had eroded whatever memories he had of the proper forms and customs, and certainly he'd never thought of himself as a brother. "Thank you. It's good to hear I appear healthy."

He smiled a little at his own joke, though under his skin a part of him skipped and twitched curiously, at odds with the relative solemnity of the occasion. Everything that had transpired over the last few weeks, a dizzying clip compared to the stasis in which he'd lived for the last two decades, was bunched up and threatened to overwhelm him, sometimes with sadness but more often with terrified joy.

"And I'm glad to see you've made it here safely."

He gestured at the grand building gleaming before them.

"Would you feel up to walking and talking? There's much to show you, but we can also find ourselves a comfortable seat after your travels if you prefer." He smiled a little wryly. "There's not a great shortage of empty seating these days."

PMEmail
^
Hypatia Baresi
 Posted: Feb 28 2018, 02:17 PM

Water & Earth
application
tracker
Group Icon
Priestess & Scholar
Time Manipulation

She noticed his brief hesitation, and it wasn’t hard to deduce why it had come to pass. Not everyone, especially in these dark times, stuck by the gods. She knew her flock, and while Jeremiah wasn’t quite one of them, all of Tyrgere was her family in one way or another - regardless as to their faith or lack thereof. ”You may call me Hypatia if you wish,” the woman beamed brightly, hoping the invitation would ease some of the uncertainty he had displayed before. Still though, she noted his good humor in the wake of all that had transpired. While her gift wasn’t telepathy, she could only assume this was nothing short of hard on the man. Jeremiah had headed the library for a considerable length of time, perhaps even the life of the kingdom, to leave it - no matter how joyous the occasion - must have stirred plenty of emotion. If he was anything like her and the temple, the building had become nothing short of a child.

”Ah, thank you. The roads seem just as less crowded these days.” Not only to the library, but most places northeast of the ravine. The rogues and charlatans mostly kept to the southern regions. Though she was no fool, no matter how hopeful, to not expect the possibility of trouble traveling above ground.

Her eyes followed him as he gestured toward the imposing structure, an enthusiastic nod following as he suggested a walkabout. ”But yes, yes of course.” For all her affinity for earth, staying stationary wasn’t something she was particularly good at. Despite her age, she was excellent at keeping up with the scurrying children at the temple or even the Valko’s orphanage when she could break away to see them. ”Is there a place I can set this down first?” She motioned to to the box she was carrying. ”I brought some incense and offerings for the fallen.” She had also brought him something as well, but that could wait until later for reveal.

"speech."

PM
^
Jeremiah Menahem
 Posted: Mar 2 2018, 06:02 PM

Earth
application
tracker
Group Icon
Librarian
Illusion

Jer smiled, mentally waving away the slight twinge of something like guilt or embarrassment at the apparent transparency of his confusion. He nodded in gratitude, making a gesture of acknowledgment with one eloquent hand.

"Thank you, Hypatia. I'm afraid I'm not terribly practiced with the etiquette of the religious orders."

He nodded when she enthusiastically agreed to the suggestion that they wander as they talked, and began walking beside her, guiding them at a sedate pace towards the front doors. The doors themselves were too large to be opened by a single person, and were primarily ornamental, opened only for the most ceremonial of occasions through a system of levers and pulleys, one that still required several strong individuals to manipulate. A smaller set of doors was built into those larger doors; locked into place when they were opened to appear as part of them, but serving now as the main entrance and exit for the Library.

These doors were still considerably heavy, though, and Jer exhaled quietly as he pulled one open and held it for his guest. He was still holding it when she explained the contents of the box, and his surprise was clearly evident in the open cast of his eyes when he looked at her.

"That is...very much appreciated."

Leaning back, he used his body to prop open the door while allowing her room to pass through. He cast his eyes down for a moment, then looked back up.

"I had actually intended to end our tour here today in the courtyard. Tending to their graves isn't technically part of the maintenance of the Library, it's true, but...it's important. To me."

The corner of his mouth twitched slightly, an abortive attempt at some kind of wry or heartfelt smile, one that melted away just as quickly. His eyebrows reached in and upwards towards each other, not quite touching but leaving a dark, shadowed crease between themselves, one that had clearly been well-worn in recent years.

A guard stood just inside the door, attempting to look as discreet as possible. Cole had sent for a small contingent of them after their memorable conversation, and Jer was still working on getting them settled in. For the most part they kept out of each others' way. Jer nodded a little awkwardly at the guard before gesturing towards his office and looking back to Hypatia.

"We can tend to them now or leave the incense in my quarters. As you prefer."

He did smile, then, and it was as melancholy as it was appreciative.

PMEmail
^
Hypatia Baresi
 Posted: Mar 8 2018, 07:10 AM

Water & Earth
application
tracker
Group Icon
Priestess & Scholar
Time Manipulation

The surprise at her gesture was evident in both his tone and his body language. She turned midway into her entry to look upon him fully as she crossed the threshold, noting the full warmth her actions had brewed around him. ”Aye...It's important to me too.” She almost lifted a hand then, to touch his cheek reassuringly, but ultimately refrained - aware not all responded well to her liberties concerning familiarity. Instead she followed his gaze towards the sentinel standing quiet and resolute inside the structure.

It was obvious enough to her that they had been instructed to guard the library. While she was among the first to preach and practice non-violence and aggression, she knew that in some ways such a militant force was necessary to dissuade would be attackers. Whether it be bandits seeking to claim a small fortune in raiding what they saw as an easy target, or a more organized force sent from the ashes of one of the more bloodthirsty kingdoms, she knew she wouldn't be able to protect the whole of the library on her own. Plus, it would be quite nice to have some company while she worked, she mused.

”We can leave this in your quarters and return to it at the end of business,” she offered as a solution midway between what was given. ”I’d like to stay a while. Offerings of this nature shouldn't be rushed - no matter the importance of the affairs of living. She was a firm believer in wholehearted spiritual dedication. Just going through the motions hastily wasn't good enough for her, you had to set aside the time to do things proper.

"speech."

PM
^
Jeremiah Menahem
 Posted: Mar 10 2018, 03:16 PM

Earth
application
tracker
Group Icon
Librarian
Illusion

Hypatia walked past into the building, and Jer moved to let the door close behind them, the sound echoing but muffled in the grand space of the library's main hall. He saw her glance go to the nearest guard, and his smile turned a little wry as he walked slowly with her, hands clasped loosely behind his back once more.

"An unfortunate necessity, though they've generally made themselves useful, and they all seem to be dedicated to the Library," he said, nodding politely to the armored woman as they drifted past her. "Or at least we fear it may be necessary, now that the Library is revealed to the world again. Certainly, I'd prefer to keep it hidden until I know for sure the danger has passed, but I am told that I can't both travel abroad and stay crouched in watchfulness here at the same time." He smirked a little at the tepid joke, the expression quirking his mouth inside the frame of his beard. "And they said we could do whatever we wanted when we grew up."

Jer nodded at her decision and began guiding them to his quarters, along the wall to the left of the front doors. He said nothing, but mentally made a note, both of her dedication and the confidence with which she came to decisions, responding with an appreciative nod.

The door to his private rooms was ajar, so he had only to nudge it open and allow her space to pass, revealing a tidy, elegant, but simple space. A small wooden desk sat in one corner, scratched surface clean and well-polished despite its clear age, drawers extending down on either side of the chair pushed under the table's top. Papers in plenty covered much of the surface, an ink set nestled into a far corner. A wardrobe lurked in a further corner of the room, and otherwise the only items in the place were a small, low bed and a locked trunk at its foot.

Jer's eyes were drawn to the bed involuntarily, but as soon as he realized he was looking he pulled them discreetly away again.

"So then," he began, ready to resume their walk through the space. "What can you tell me about your experience with the care and keeping of the written word?"

PMEmail
^
Hypatia Baresi
 Posted: Mar 22 2018, 01:11 PM

Water & Earth
application
tracker
Group Icon
Priestess & Scholar
Time Manipulation

OCC: That's not why he's looking at the bed Hypatia lolololol <.<

She followed the man dutifully, though her mind snapped back to the concept of threats to the library. “Do you think the threat substantial?” Her tones dripped with curiosity and worry - not for her own safety, but that of the structure that many Tyrgerians loved and already gave their lives for. She had never been a fan of conflict. She had always been a gentle soul, even as a child. The thought that she might have to fight herself to defend the library made her stomach bunch in knots, but it wasn't unexpected - she knew what she was signing up for.

Carefully setting her box on his desk, as she turned she caught the man eyeing his bed. For that she couldn't blame him, he must be so very tired. She said nothing however, simply falling into stride behind him as he resumed their tour of Tyrgere's prized jewel.

“Well, I'm sure you've gathered I am not the most conventional of scholars.” A small smile pulled at her lips as she interlaced her fingers thoughtlessly. “I am mostly used to working with carved stone and temple scripture, but I did work with some of the librarians here before, intermittently - a long while ago.” The thought reminded her of her age and she blushed. It went by so fast, but she didn't feel like she supposed others thought she did. She still felt and acted like a fresh-faced young woman, her body being the only one to protest from time to time due the physical strain she put on herself. Hypatia was the active sort, never one to sit still for long, always moving, always doing something or other. “I might still remember the layout, if you haven't changed your methods of organization within the last score. But I'd very much welcome a reschooling of the art.”

"speech."

PM
^
Jeremiah Menahem
 Posted: Mar 27 2018, 09:33 PM

Earth
application
tracker
Group Icon
Librarian
Illusion

Jer took a deep breath at the question, waiting patiently in the door as she secured the incense and her other belongings. He closed it gently to behind him once she'd exited and began walking steadily along through the cavernous space.

"It's truly hard to say," he hedged, maintaining eye contact as they drifted past seemingly endless shelves. Most held codices, neat rectangular bindings propped up together, but a good number of scrolls had their own spots. In some places they were slotted into specially designed shelves with cylindrical holes for them to nest in.

"I...very much hope not. I would probably have a better assessment of the threat for you if I'd spent more time out in the world since the battle here, but as it is I can only guess as to whether or not Sunil's remnant followers would be interested enough to make another attempt on the Library."

They had made their way almost all the way to the back of the great hall when Jer took a quick turn towards the right, leading them between some of the rows of battered but sturdy tables towards a small door in the wall.

"I hold no illusions as to the fact that their retreat was due at least in part to the Library's appearance of ruin and disarray. Perhaps all this worry is for nothing, but it would be dishonest for me to claim there was no risk."

He listened to the recitation of her qualifications with some pleasant surprised. Given the silence that had greeted his announcement of the position, he'd nearly resigned himself to finding a functionally competent keeper at best, not one with actual experience with documents.

"Ah, you may recognize this space, then."

He opened his hand, palm up, and a little blue orb of light appeared, illuminating the dim room before them. Boxes, trunks, and tables full of items cluttered the small space. Each stack of items was labeled--but the labels bore either personal names or find locations rather than titles or subject headings.

PMEmail
^
Hypatia Baresi
 Posted: Apr 6 2018, 08:47 PM

Water & Earth
application
tracker
Group Icon
Priestess & Scholar
Time Manipulation

The duo navigated the massive collection of literature with ease. Though Hypatia remained a few steps behind, her attention stolen by the bevy of books and scrolls so neatly nested in their rightful places - like a colony of sparrows, ready to bring forth the next generation

“If it helps to ease your mind, Arbrington doesn't seem to openly attract Ombrians much anymore,” she offered reassuringly. “Or at the very least from my wanderings in the city and surrounding lands no secret armies are afoot...A force capable of toppling the library would certainly be conspicuous - even if they used magic.” Hypatia wasn't a tactician, but she had nursed and prayed with enough wounded soldiers, in both wars, to know that an army didn't move without leaving evidence of its presence. The earth was wounded where they camped: chopped trees for firewood, thin grass from the grazing of beasts and boots of man, and broken branches and trampled brambles from carving a path through the virgin forests of Eudocia’s wilds. Even if several people like Jer existed amongst their ranks, they could only conceal their presence for as long as they were in the area. Or, she presumed as much - considering Jeremiah had hermited himself away here, for the sake of the library, for all these years.

Turning first to the small orb of light he manifested, she craned her neck and spun around slowly to taken in the slowly illuminating place through fond brown eyes. “I do,” she nodded curtly. “Still just as functioningly chaotic as I remember.” It wasn't messy by any means, but the sheer amount of loosely sorted literature congested the space, as always. “I think this was here when I last toured the library.” Blowing delicately on a dusted trunk, she swept away the remaining particles to check the label and confirm her theory.

"speech."

PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll

Affiliates [ View All | Link-us | Apply ]
Ruins of Wildwood Doutaini Sverige The World of Tur Age Of The Wolves Zootropolis Chronicles  TeairNova Antarsia By Tooth And Claw Dragons Chrysalis Feralkin Tudors Saga Sordid Secrets Aeipathy RP 

• C
  • H
  • A
  • T
cbox quiet? We are probably on discord:
Click here to chat with us!