Anmarisa Pelagios

Spotty

Thread
LEAVE THIS BLUE NEIGHBORHOOD - Cole & Jeremiah

Statistics

Aver Caldo Tyrgere Ombra Rogues
3 ♂ · ♀ 3 5 ♂ · ♀ 4 2 ♂ · ♀ 4 1 ♂ · ♀ 2 11 ♂ · ♀ 9
Site News
14 April 2018: Hey everyone! The activity check is over, and everything [face claim, member directory, kingdom counts, and kingdom rosters] have all been updated! Thanks so much for your participation! If one of your threads has been archived by mistake or if those who missed the activity check want to reactivate your characters, please PM the Cineri account!

7 April 2018: Hey everyone! There is one more week left to fill out the activity check (ends April 14th). Please make sure you post in it, as inactive characters will be inactivated, their threads will be archived, and their face claims will go back up for grabs! In more fun news, Cineri is also officially premium now! Adult content is now formally allowed, and say goodbye to ads! Special thanks to everyone who pitched in for the annual fee!

Plot Highlights
Cineri is back in business! Welcome back everyone, old and new!
Rules
To post in the Open Threads:
  • Use your character's full name as the username.
  • In the message box, post the link to your thread using [url=LINK]POST NAME HERE[/url].
  • You may repost an open thread once every two weeks if it has not been replied to in that span of time.

• You may use this box to post a link to a plotting thread for your character.
  • The Open Threads cbox is not to be used for OOC chatting or advertisements.
Open Threads

Click here to link an open thread.
Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

THERE'S A HOLE IN THE WORLD, ;; Cahira
Idris verch Rhonwen
 Posted: Apr 16 2018, 11:42 AM

Fire
application
tracker
Group Icon
First Watcher
Berserker Rage

OOC: Thistlefoot

Idris gave her companions a slightly apologetic look as she led them into the inn, though when her eyes scanned over the room and all its motley patrons, it brought a fond smile to her face. She nodded to a few of the people who'd recognized her and turned back to Kate and Cahira as they made their slow way through the clustered maze of tables.

"Bit of a rough place, but where in the Underground isn't? The Cracked Flagon isn't where you'd find anyone high society, but it's a safer place than most around here. Particularly for women."

She smiled particularly at Kate at that point, making sure to meet her eyes and hold them for a moment. They'd almost reached the bar, and with the sort of second sense developed from perhaps too many hours spent in the same venue, Idris reached out with one hand behind herself to find the edge of it without looking, easing herself into a lean against it.

"Because we take care of our own here. Don't we, Dandelion?"

This last was addressed to the person behind the bar, and it would have been hard to imagine a person less fitting for that particular name. Idris was large overall, tall and Amazonian, but the woman behind the bar was short, broad and stout as an oaken barrel. The hands she smacked down onto the surface of the bar in friendly greeting were reminiscent of dinner plates in size, and her face was plain, wide, and jovial.

"That we do!" she said loudly, "take care of 'em until they've had all the care they can stand."

Idris just snorted and rolled her eyes at that, which Dandelion seemed to take amicably. Her hair presented the only possible connection to her name--the straw-yellow tuft of it did strongly resemble a dandelion's petals. Most of her head was shaved, though, giving the impression of a dandelion that had half-blown; a curious set of raking scars marked one side of her scalp.

"You going to introduce me to your friends?"

Idris nodded and began.

"This is Cahira," she said, gesturing towards the armored woman, "who did a damn fine job just now of shrinking an idiot down to size. And this," and here she spoke a bit more softly, though she didn't miss the slightly proud look she got for it as Kate recovered some of her composure, "is Kate. Who has had more than a bit of a rough day."

PMEmailAIM
^
Cahira Murdock
 Posted: Apr 22 2018, 08:25 PM

Ice
application
tracker
Group Icon
Warrior
Soul-Reading

OOC: Fyra

Idris led them straight to the bar, to be greeted by a boisterous, solidly formed woman with a hairstyle that made her want to flinch. The exchange between them was pleasant, and there was certainly nothing malicious about this "Dandelion" barkeep. She was loud and obviously very... friendly. Cahira allowed the barest of thin smiles to cross her lips at Idris's introduction of her, and nodded politely to Dandelion as Idris went on to introduce Kate. It was good though, that Kate managed a better expression than terrified.

Cahira stepped up rest her hands against the bar, her grey eyes taking in Dandelion for a moment before she spoke. Her voice was just loud enough to carry, firm, and all business. "I need a room for the night, if possible, and a hot bath, two meals, and Would you happen to know where I could help Kate get some clothing that would suit her? The bastard ripped her dress, and that just won't do."

Even as she asked, she was already reaching for her coin pouch, waiting expectantly for the price of what she wished for.
PM
^
Idris verch Rhonwen
 Posted: Apr 26 2018, 10:20 PM

Fire
application
tracker
Group Icon
First Watcher
Berserker Rage

Dandelion seemed to take in the entire situation without needing it explained further, and for all her size and bluster, she practically radiated matronly concern. She also proved to be remarkably adept, making sure to address Kate directly rather than speak solely to the two women acting as her appointed caretakers.

"Two meals?" she asked quizzically, tilting her head in an unspoken second question to Idris. The Caldonian gave an amicable shrug.

"Wouldn't mind one of my own, but I can handle that. And a room not too far off, if that's agreeable."

She addressed the latter to both Cahira and Kate, her fingers drumming lightly on the pommel of her sword despite the assurances of safety in the familiar environs of The Cracked Flagon. She didn't feel she could rest entirely easy until they were somewhere further off, somewhere the men in question could never follow their former slave--though it occurred to her that nowhere she knew of was truly and completely beyond their reach.

The inn keeper looked at the three of them for a moment, then sighed as if put upon.

"I tell you what. You ordered two meals, so I'll have you pay for two--yours," she said, pointing at Idris and Cahira with two fingers on the same hand, split wide apart, "and if a third appears, it's off the records. Same goes for two rooms. They all have enough cots in them that Kate can have her pick between the two, and no one the wiser."

She was maintaining her gruff, burdened exterior, but Idris smiled at her anyway, seeing straight through to the real intent and motivations beneath.

"You're a crusty old sugarloaf with a heart of gold," she teased.

"Shut it," came the reply, but the keep was smiling despite herself when she turned back to Kate. "Now, for clothes--I can recommend a place, but if you're not too particular, I can also drum some up for you in house, no charge. Lord knows we have enough people leaving their things around here; we clean 'em and make good use of 'em. What do you prefer to wear?"

PMEmailAIM
^
Cahira Murdock
 Posted: May 3 2018, 11:56 AM

Ice
application
tracker
Group Icon
Warrior
Soul-Reading

Cahira’s brows rose slightly in her surprise and the rough woman’s honest concern. She had expected, by Idris’ manner, that they took care of each other. But so few were anything but dark and stained souls in this place. Had they managed to find the one beacon of goodness, no matter how rough around the edges it was? Without hesitation she counted out the coin for two meals and the rooms, allowing Kate to answer for herself.

The now former slave rubbed self consciously at the slowly fading welts around her neck, unsure now that she was in the spotlight of Dandelion’s attention. But she managed to speak past her shyness. ”I… I aint that particular, ma’am. It’d be wonderful just t’have something of decent quality. Been in something close to burlap for months now. I like dresses, but...” She glanced between the two warrior women at her sides ”Seems trousers might be a bit more practical.

Cahira smiled internally, though it didn’t show on her face. Already the confidence that she and Idris emanated was helping the girl stand up a bit straighter. Perhaps next time she would be able to fight her captors. Silently the young woman nodded to herself in promise to teach Kate at least basic self defense.

She rubbed at her forehead as emotions pounded at her mental walls. She didn’t want to feel what she had felt earlier in the room. At least the pairs had held off to the corners that were darkened but she still was shocked they were displaying affection in public at all. How were they not hated?

She didn’t think too hard on it as she asked Kate if she would rather eat or bathe first. It only took a moment for Kate to make a decision. Bath, then food.

Cahira managed a thin lipped smile as she looked back at the inn keeper. It was a small flurry of activity for Kate as everything got set up for the bath and Cahira awkwardly left the room as Kate got undressed. It wasn’t long before they found themselves all at a table in the common area, bowls of stew and bread in front of them, along with drinks. Kate looked much happier with herself, digging into the meal without hesitation. Cahira focused on her food, trying to ignore the quiet couples in the corners, but she couldn't stop her eyes from straying to them.
PM
^
Idris verch Rhonwen
 Posted: May 14 2018, 02:39 PM

Fire
application
tracker
Group Icon
First Watcher
Berserker Rage

Idris suppressed a small, slightly sad smile at Kate's request for trousers, but she also nodded in approval, and Dandelion did the same. With luck, the young woman would get to a place in life where she could dress however she pleased, including the most impractical of dresses, if that was what brought her heart joy. That day was not today. With a twinge of trepidation, Idris wondered when it might ever come.

Dandelion simply nodded.

"I'll scrounge something up and have it sent up to you."

Aside from contributing money where it was needed, Idris mostly kept out of the way of the flurry of activity that happened afterwards, all the little details involved in securing lodging, food, and a bath for the evening. She did discreetly post herself just outside the room where Kate was bathing, though, standing with her back supported by the door frame. She appeared casual, almost like someone just waiting for a friend, but her hand never strayed from the pommel of her sword.

At last, Kate was cleaned and refreshed, looking much happier and calmer for it. It was remarkable the change a real set of clothes could induce, when compared to the shaming garments of a slave. Their table was quiet for a time. Kate seemed focused most of all on eating, replenishing herself and her stores. Cahira kept her head down as well, but Idris saw her eyes darting curiously to the other patrons, staring at them with sharp intensity.

Idris herself was preoccupied as well. An idea was beginning to form in her mind, and she was working to suppress her excitement even as worry nibbled at the edges of her mind.

"Kate," she began hesitantly--an odd tone for the big warrior woman. The smaller girl looked up with a mouth full of food, still eagerly chewing, but attentive.

"Do you have somewhere to go after this? Somewhere safe?"

The question clearly struck a nerve. The younger woman stopped chewing and struggled to swallow, clearly fighting with more than the food as it temporarily turned to ash in her mouth. Idris watched with a guilty frown, but waited.

"Not...anymore."

Idris held her breath, trying not to push, weighing when to decide she had all the information she needed.

"When the reavers came and got us, in my village, I mean, it turned out one of our own was working for them all along. He's still there." She took an angry bite of her bread and spoke around it. "Probably living high on the hog. Everyone I knew was there."

The Caldonian fighter was quiet for a while, no longer eating, but thinking.

"That group I mentioned before," she said at last. She was absentmindedly holding her spoon in one hand, doing nothing with it. "We focused on revenge, mostly. The civil wars tore us apart anyway, but what if...what if we could do something better than that?"

She felt a small stirring of her own internal fire, which had seemed almost banked for years now, burning at a low, quiet glow that kept her moving but not inspired. It flickered brightly and softly into life, as if feeling the first breath of a bellows.

"What if there was a group that worked to pull women out of these situations in the first place? And what if we had somewhere for them to go after? Somewhere defensible?" An image was forming in her minds' eye, a familiar landmark from her homeland.

PMEmailAIM
^
Cahira Murdock
 Posted: May 17 2018, 10:55 AM

Ice
application
tracker
Group Icon
Warrior
Soul-Reading

Cahira listened to Kate’s story in silence, her eyes darkening in color as her entire body tensed. But it pulled her attention away from those tucked in corners, bringing it fully back to Kate and Idris. Her fingers tightened on the spoon she ate her stew with, jaw clenching at the thought of being betrayed from within a settlement, to have all sold off to the reavers. Despite her tension, outwardly her expression remained neutral. She muttered something that was rather unladylike, and then stuffed her mouth full of bread and stew to hold her words in control.

In a few minutes Idris spoke again, catching Cahira’s attention with her idea. But immediately she saw an issue. ”Do you have such a defensible place to set as a base? We would need something that could fit plenty of people as necessary if you plan to shelter women as well as rescue them.” Cahira didn’t hesitate. She liked the idea, but they had to be practical.

As she paused in her eating, her grey eyes slid to the side once again and glanced at another couple before refocusing back at their table. ”Don’t get me wrong, I’m supportive of the idea, but we can’t just set up a camp in the woods. Where do you plan to get the people to help you run it?” Her voice was calm and collected, logical and cool, but her eyes were as intense as Idris’ passion for the concept of this showing through her tight control.
PM
^
Idris verch Rhonwen
 Posted: May 22 2018, 05:55 PM

Fire
application
tracker
Group Icon
First Watcher
Berserker Rage

Kate's elemental heritage remained a mystery for the moment, but the crystal clear elemental powers of Idris and Cahira were currently matching each other in a curious and tenuous sort of balance. Idris's fire was racing up and forward, burning hungrily along the path of fuel that guided her, while Cahira's ice checked her, stemming the tide, keeping it from reaching beyond itself and consuming the forest all around. Both were pointed towards the same goal, though, Idris was fairly sure of that.

She seemed to recall the spoon in her hand and set it down at last, leveling both palms against the rough grain of the table. In response to the first question, she said:

"Not...yet. But I have an idea of a place." That solitary tower was in her mind again, ringed round by the inhospitable desert. "I would need to talk to the current inhabitant, but...I think I might be able to get an in." Returning to herself, she added to Kate: "And I can offer my place in Attirac for now, if you'd like. It's no safe haven, but about as close as you can get these days."

At Cahira's second question, Idris dared to smile, even going so far as to take in a spoonful of her half-forgotten stew. She swallowed and kept pushing the food around as she talked, newly animated.

"People is the easier bit. I still know most of the women I worked with in the old Dragon Guard. I'm sure if they had a new idea, a clear hope to grab onto, they'd gather together again." She was making a list in her head of those she'd need to go seek out after this, that alarming new name at the top. She bit off a hunk of bread, grinning at Cahira, chewed it and swallowed it. "And there's always room for fierce new warriors, hey?"

PMEmailAIM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll

Affiliates [ View All | Link-us | Apply ]
Ruins of Wildwood Doutaini Sverige The World of Tur Age Of The Wolves Zootropolis Chronicles  TeairNova Antarsia By Tooth And Claw Dragons Chrysalis Feralkin Tudors Saga Sordid Secrets 

• C
  • H
  • A
  • T
cbox quiet? We are probably on discord:
Click here to chat with us!